Update on Conway!

C0nwayy

I changed the T8 5.0 bulb to a 10.0. That’s the first update. And I feel him more, awake if I can say so? More active?

Before anyone says anything about the T8, it’s almost impossible to find T5HO here. Not even on amazon, not even on pet stores. I do plan to save up some money and spend whatever I need to spend on finding the T5HO fixture and bulb. But twirly bulbs and T8 for UVB is all you can find here. I’ve had some small issues that I’m not proud of with other users because of this. And T8 10.0 is the best I can find.

Someone pointed out the feeding cup I was using had some sharp edges so, I changed to a better one and Conway just loves it! It’s a small ceramic pot and I placed it at the bottom under Conway’s favourite branches to sleep on. Today I managed to see him eat again after these small changes!
F70618AB-B477-4BB7-8A7E-0B8E90372F31.jpeg
E11625BB-77F4-45F2-8EE8-99FB46C28ED6.jpeg
AD13250E-B1E1-465A-9C21-EC99E0E8F1FE.jpeg

I’m glad he doesn’t mind me watching him eat or drink, I’m so so so glad about it!
As for the mealworms, I found out he hates them! I placed two mealworms and five crickets in his pot and he ran down and ate the crickets. But, ignored the mealworms. Later on I added two more crickets and he ate them and ignored the mealworms as well. So now I have spent 3’99€ on mealworms for nothing because the boy dislikes them :)
Does anyone know if I can give them to a water turtle?

Attachments

• 502212C5-11DF-4896-9003-E4CF2A5BE7F2.jpeg
    502212C5-11DF-4896-9003-E4CF2A5BE7F2.jpeg
    131.6 KB · Views: 47
Actually, you spent 3,99 on mealworms for nothing because they're pretty much useless for chams.

Yeah, but the day I got these mealworms I ran out of crickets (the last few I had, died) so it was kind of unexpected and an emergency thing. I wanted to get some dubias but I couldn’t find any at the pet shops I go. Well- one of them had dubias but they were WAY too big.

I am so glad Conway is doing great, and that he is eating again! Just make sure with the t8 10.0 that the sticks are 5" from the UVB so he gets the correct amount of UVB. I think you mentioned that you can find silkworms where you live, They are a good feeder! Also, black soldier fly larvae. ? (y)

I am so glad Conway is doing great, and that he is eating again! Just make sure with the t8 10.0 that the sticks are 5" from the UVB so he gets the correct amount of UVB. I think you mentioned that you can find silkworms where you live, They are a good feeder! Also, black soldier fly larvae. ? (y)

Of course! I raised some sticks as well so he can get that uvb! While I’m sleeping, he gets 1-2 hours of natural uvb from a window that’s next to his enclosure, then when I wake up, I turn on his lights, go have breakfast and prepare his crickets.

I’ve been looking into T5HO 5.0 but there’s nothing. And the only place I can find it is Amazon and they don’t have it all the time. So, it’s expensive. And sadly they don’t have longer bulbs yet. I’m gonna save up to get one when I move him to a bigger cage.
Turns out, he didn’t like his feeding cup and he despised mealworms so I got some crickets and I’m looking for silkworms and dubias. I have a source of snails as well. They seem to be coming to my aunt’s backyard a lot. And I found a ceramic mug he loves to hunt from! Sadly I can’t find black soldier fly larvae around here, same with hornworms.

Last edited:
Of course! I raised some sticks as well so he can get that uvb! While I’m sleeping, he gets 1-2 hours of natural uvb from a window that’s next to his enclosure, then when I wake up, I turn on his lights, go have breakfast and prepare his crickets.

I’ve been looking into T5HO 5.0 but there’s nothing. And the only place I can find it is Amazon and they don’t have it all the time. So, it’s expensive. And sadly they don’t have longer bulbs yet. I’m gonna save up to get one when I move him to a bigger cage.
Turns out, he didn’t like his feeding cup and he despised mealworms so I got some crickets and I’m looking for silkworms and dubias. I have a source of snails as well. They seem to be coming to my aunt’s backyard a lot. And I found a ceramic mug he loves to hunt from! Sadly I can’t find black soldier fly larvae around here, same with hornworms.
Okay, natural sunlight Is great! My chameleon gets natural sunlight as well! Despises mealworms, lol crickets and silkworms are good! ???

Glass actually filters out UVB. So really it’s just light to the cham. However if you do have a plant for outside he can hang out on while you watch CLOSELY he’d love natural sunlight.
I did find the bulb on amazon but i couldn’t find the fixture. That’s why i asked if you planned to have live plants. The plants will need a grow light. I found fixtures with 2 plant bulb but you could take one grow light out for now and put the UVB in there.
Personally I wouldn’t recommend wild catching animals. You don’t know where they’re been, what they’re eaten, etc. For feeders: you can check site sponsors, i order from linda’s gone buggie and i love it. She has baby bundles that has crickets, BSFL, and baby hornworms. It’s 150 crickets, 150 BSFL, and 25 baby hornworms for $20.

Glass actually filters out UVB. So really it’s just light to the cham. However if you do have a plant for outside he can hang out on while you watch CLOSELY he’d love natural sunlight.
I did find the bulb on amazon but i couldn’t find the fixture. That’s why i asked if you planned to have live plants. The plants will need a grow light. I found fixtures with 2 plant bulb but you could take one grow light out for now and put the UVB in there.
Personally I wouldn’t recommend wild catching animals. You don’t know where they’re been, what they’re eaten, etc. For feeders: you can check site sponsors, i order from linda’s gone buggie and i love it. She has baby bundles that has crickets, BSFL, and baby hornworms. It’s 150 crickets, 150 BSFL, and 25 baby hornworms for $20.

My mom opens the window for the sun to hit the enclosure and the side that receives the sunlight is the mesh side so he does get uvb :) he basks with it as well!

Yeah on US Amazon the bulb is there but Amazon.es (Spain) has it, yet, there are little options on the bulb’s lenght and I’m planning to get one that will be long enough for his next enclosure. Abot the fixture, indeed, they don’t have it. But I’ll use ballasts again. For T5 this time, though, of course.

Woah that bundle is interesting! But I’m guessing I gotta pay extra to have it shipped here ):

1602508849500.png

When you talked about snails, make sure they are this specific type on the chart. I don't know if any other snail types would be ok

You are doing great. You can make due with the T8 just make sure you get the distances right.
They did it back in the day, just have to be more careful.

Back
Top Bottom