Update On Basil! +more

hiddenflaws

Avid Member
So today was finally the day that we were able to put Basil in his new home. I made a thread when making it over a month ago. Have been waiting for this day! I was going to put him in yesterday, but my day was completely overwhelmed. Friday I went to the dog shelter to ask about volunteer work and I ended up meeting a 5-6 month old black lab puppy that was about to get euthanized since they couldn’t keep her in the pen and she couldn’t get adopted. She was tearing through the fence and even learned how to open the gate. We have a lot of land and a lake out here and I knew she’d be happy. He told me he’d give her to me if I could take her that day or the next (yesterday). I was not expecting to get another animal. Especially a puppy, but I could not turn her down and she is so full of life and absolutely gorgeous. I’m shocked they couldn’t get her adopted. I ended up naming her Mercy and so far she is loving the country side of the world. She went straight to the pond when we were out there watching her. ((( :

Attachments

• F9B05660-24C2-4692-B8F4-BF7E307AE722.jpeg
    F9B05660-24C2-4692-B8F4-BF7E307AE722.jpeg
    209.7 KB · Views: 100
  • F5FF3D38-58F9-4AAB-98A6-0C179DE9C98C.jpeg
    F5FF3D38-58F9-4AAB-98A6-0C179DE9C98C.jpeg
    240.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 96225E9E-CBC3-4EC4-8DAB-F83A14968F7B.jpeg
    96225E9E-CBC3-4EC4-8DAB-F83A14968F7B.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 98
  • FA992B83-A1F1-4761-BF6B-D325980D8E18.jpeg
    FA992B83-A1F1-4761-BF6B-D325980D8E18.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 108
So today was finally the day that we were able to put Basil in his new home. I made a thread when making it over a month ago. Have been waiting for this day! I was going to put him in yesterday, but my day was completely overwhelmed. Friday I went to the dog shelter to ask about volunteer work and I ended up meeting a 5-6 month old black lab puppy that was about to get euthanized since they couldn’t keep her in the pen and she couldn’t get adopted. She was tearing through the fence and even learned how to open the gate. We have a lot of land and a lake out here and I knew she’d be happy. He told me he’d give her to me if I could take her that day or the next (yesterday). I was not expecting to get another animal. Especially a puppy, but I could not turn her down and she is so full of life and absolutely gorgeous. I’m shocked they couldn’t get her adopted. I ended up naming her Mercy and so far she is loving the country side of the world. She went straight to the pond when we were out there watching her. ((( :
I was just thinking I needed to text you ❤️. I needed pics of the baby , Basil settling in well ?

I was just thinking I needed to text you ❤. I needed pics of the baby , Basil settling in well ?

Definitely hoping so. He’s been showing some dark colors since he got in there but I’m hoping if he starts exploring more, he’ll start settling down. I’ve been leaving him alone and trying to avoid walking past him while also still checking in on him from a distance. He ate inside of there and was fine then but then the MK system went off and he started puffing up. He’s never really liked being sprayed.

So Mercy was going to be put down for being a young, curious, probably bored and healthy pup...smdh. Thank goodness you saved her! Beautiful dog! Beautiful cham! Both should be quite happy now. ?

I’m really shocked that they couldn’t get her adopted. She’s so sweet and she’s definitely a person girl. She will just follow me around and explore. When I pet her she just sits there. It’s starting to look like they didn’t even try to get her adopted and they were just mad at her for chewing a hole through their fence. She has a lot of energy but she’s still very polite and smart. My boyfriend thinks that she was getting abused before. He tried to throw a stick for her and she was scared of it. She will play with a rope toy and a little football we have. She’s definitely not shy around people though and has a lot of life in her eyes.

Back
Top Bottom