Update on all my males

Adashek123

Nosey Be: about 9 months old, getting ready to shed. eating good! The most aggressive chameleon that I have ever handled. He will bite you no matter how you hold him. If hes on your arm, he will bite your arm and it packs a punch!

IMG_2436[1].jpg

Red Bar male: doing good, getting ready to shed due to his dark colors. also, he still has those weird fatty pads behind his head but Im not too worried about it right now. He will be going to the vet this week for a check up. He is the most laid back cham that I have ever had. eats around 5 crickets a day or a few hornies or silkies

20131229_182700[1].jpg

Double Rainbow: Just shed!!! after like 5 months of not shedding and his skin feels so much softer now! hes beautiful. He used to be all teal and blue like an ambanja but now hes mostly orange! 18 inches long and 250 grams or more. hes doing great. Eats like 10 crickets a day but I know he can eat more:p especially hornworms. He bit me when I was helping him get some loose shed off and did some damage. Worst cham bite ever from this big guy.

20131229_150824[1].jpg

Crazy Eyes Blue bar/red bar ambilobe: Doing good, about 14 inches long from nose to tail tip, getting ready to shed l due to his dark color and he hasn't shed in like 3 weeks. But hes weighing in close to 100 grams as of yestarday. Still has a tongue issue but is prescribed with metacam .02 dose for 5-7 days by Dr. Zellner aka the best vet in the tampa bay area for chams.

20131229_151002[1].jpg
IMG_2424[1].jpg
at the vet:)

I am very excited to watch all these guys grow in the next couple of months, especially the youngins:) The crazy eyes cham is getting blue and red bars so far! All my chams are in XL repti breezes with 60 watt heat bulbs and reptisun 5.0 fixtures.

IMG_1421[1].jpg \
red boy almost fired up completely

20131229_151514[1].jpg
crazy eyes cham basking under the light, looks like hes going to be shedding. his bars are red in this pic but in person they are blue and red. Pics do not do any justice as this is off a crappy phone.

You certainly have allot of handsome boys. My nosy be Hendershot was terrified of everything and apperect to be mean when he first came to me but he was only scared to death of everything. After a couple of months of my kindness and interacting with me he was like a sweet little puppy dog. :)

thanks! yeah I'm definitely going to have to work with blue guy... My red guy used to be really aggressive too and now hes so calm all the time, he doesn't even move to the lower portion of his cage much. but when I take him out, he will end up at the top of my head under a minute lol. I love the different personalities of panther chameleons... I wish I could get like 5 more males but thats just double the work lol its worth it though I think:p

thanks. Im really unhappy about how the pictures though because they literally do no justice... double rainbows spots are so bright red in person, he looks so amazing all the time.. his reds are insanely red. those are his resting colors. when he fires up, he turns all orange and white. Need to get a pic of him doing that but usually only when he goes in the shower for a while or when he gets too pissed ( i dont like upsetting them too much )

Man, I cant wait to have a house of my own so i can have my own collection of panther chameleons! Double rainbow is outstanding! He reminds me of Carol's Boomer in a weird way. probably because they are both very unique Ambanjas.

Your Crazy Eyes boy looks Really nice too! I recognize his bar pattern from the page on facebook. He is coming into some really nice colors. Cant wait to see some after his shed!

thanks man! yes when I purchased double rainbow back over the summer in 2013, he wasn't orange at all.... he was all blue and teal colored and fired up white ish colored but over several months of not shedding, he developed mostly orange colors. I was just holding him and it looked so insane, like neon basically and the red dots all over his tail have such an intense hue to them, its so crazy.. Hes my favorite cham as of right now but I also have high hopes for the little crazy guy. hes going to the vet on monday to be sedated and have his full tongue examined. I am very worried about this but hopefully his tongue gets better. your little crazy guy looks amazing, I really want to see how he looks at 6 months old, i bet he will way crazier looking. that guy is going to be a scotty look alike with all that red hopefully!

PS yes I wish I could have my own panther chameleon sanctuary:p

I saw the thread of double rainbow about a year ago and was shocked at how beautiful he is.

I appreciate the kind words. At first i really wanted my guy to look like scotty but after seeing my guy begin to really develop his color I realized he wouldn't be red bodied due to the lack of red striation in the green areas. I have a feeling like he will look like Dude or Spock most likely. If he ends up looking like Scotty I'd be so amazed and excited. The moment i saw Scotty I immediately asked to be on the wait list.

the more I see your crazy eyes, the more excited I get to get mine!! Mine's from the Scotty/Ahura clutch =D

Back
Top Bottom