Update and questions.

Sticktongue

Avid Member
When i received my Multi from Seeco, It was still veery young and difficult to sex. I told him to pick one out he thought would be a male and send it on over. if it happened to be a girl, i guess i'd just have to deal with buying another one later :D

And it turns out HE is a SHE! Took her out for a few photos yesterday and left her outside to bask in the sunny 75 degree utah weather all day in the sun cage.

She has some cool patterns and is just an awesome little cham.

100_0539.jpg

100_0540.jpg

100_0541.jpg

100_0542.jpg

100_0543.jpg

Put her on a tape to measure her. She was 4.5 grams last week.
100_0544.jpg

100_0545.jpg

100_0547.jpg

100_0548.jpg

100_0549.jpg

100_0551.jpg

Now for the questions... I've never had a female before. Are the laying bins the same set ups as what you'd do with veileds or panthers? Whats your egg bin setups for Kinyongia. Also.. What temps do you guys use to try and control egg production (at an older age then than of course)

I guess its time to find a girl name!

beautiful little lady. i'd just suggest keeping a close close eye on her when shes in outdoor bushes. they can bolt super fast away from you if they wanted, are great climbers and can sometimes be very hard to get at or see. i almost had mine run into the neighbors tree during a photoshoot, it was nuts.

Both of my chams (at separate times) always have an eye locked on them at all times. Then once i'm done taking pictures, they get put into their sunning cage. But thanks for the concern and compliment

beautiful cham. im thinking that its the same so long as shes an egg layer. i havent seen anything about ti so mabey just ask the person you got her from? sorry i cant be more helpful :(

NICE!

You have at least 2 months before eggs are physically possible. I don't do anything to limit egg production because I only want to maximize egg production! As for the bin I do not keep any in my cages. Too much water flying around. My females get routinely squeezed and deposited in a huge tub full of sandy soil with a pre-dug tunnel (thanks Elizadolots) using a teaspoon at a 30 - 40 degree angle. If you make the tunnel long they will be less easily disturbed. Just make sure the soil is well packed and fairly wet to prevent collapse.

I think I got the runt of the clutch.....my girl is same size as when I got her.....:( Shes so small, even the FF fight back!!

Back
Top Bottom