Unsure of Panther Chameleons health

So it's been a little more than 2 weeks. I have been taking things slowly with Iggy.

I really couldn't get him to eat anything nutritious for the first week. I looked around a great deal for silkworms but they weren't available. Even for shipping. And crickets were not something he was at all interested in. But I could find hornworms and its the one thing I could get him to eat that was somewhat nutritious on a fairly consistent basis. So for the first 10 days I offered him a hornworm everyday. I would coat it in vitamins powder put it on a chopstick and he would eat it right away. I would still put in crickets but they would die before he would eat them.

I have since been able to get silkworms though they are very small and need to grow out a little bit. I have also gotten crickets which as of yesterday he's eating quite well.

I've also gotten some other food source that I can't remember the name of it right now that he is also eating along with the crickets and doing very well.

I'm trying to handle him a little bit every day as he currently is terrified as I don't believe he was handled very much when he was younger.

But it's a slow process as I don't want to scare him but at the same time, the only way he's going to really adjust is if he is slowly introduced to all manners of my home i.e. hands in his cage, taking him in and out via stick me, putting food in, me watering the cage, organizing the plants Etc.

Overall I think he's settling in quite nicely.

Attachments

• 20190810_101417.jpg
    20190810_101417.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 20190810_101410.jpg
    20190810_101410.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 148
  • FB_IMG_1565450173446.jpg
    FB_IMG_1565450173446.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Back