Unique WC Nosy Be Male

Panther Company

Established Member
We got this guy along with 9 other WC Nosy Bes back in December, and we're pretty sure all 10 were collected on Nosy Be... but obviously he doesn't look like a quintessential Nosy Be male. Anyone seen this pattern in a WC Nosy Be? We like him and he seems to have acclimated quite well :)

8703107621_261989dce7_c.jpg

8703108913_4270474cba_c.jpg

Great looking Nosy be! I have seen several WC and CH Nosy be with that color. I actually prefer the green/blue with red over the popular "true blue".

What a great looking Nosy Be! I've read that the Blue that we see so much is a result of selective breeding. Nice to see what a WC looks like.

That's one smok'en nosy you have there! The cool part about panthers is,there all just a little bit different.If your looking to keep two nosybe boys. He should be one..Unique colored pure locals are very desired.Jim from Chameleon Company has sold quite a few with reds like him. He's a keeper for sure!

Thanks everyone! We wondered if maybe he was a WC hybrid from Nosy Be, after reading about the "problem" with other locales being released on the island... but sounds like there have been Nosy Be males with this look around for years. We think he's really great looking and has a surprisingly nice disposition for a WC.

@Psychobunny -- coldbloodedAl got it right, we added our orders to a larger import that was already being put together and managed by someone with experience bringing WCs in, working with the exporters/collectors, getting the appropriate permits, and such. The chameleons we got went from Madagascar to Florida then to us in CA.

What a great looking Nosy Be! I've read that the Blue that we see so much is a result of selective breeding. Nice to see what a WC looks like.

I've seen pics of WC's that are pretty dang blue, however, this Cham has an abnormal amount of red for any nosy be.

I've seen pics of WC's that are pretty dang blue, however, this Cham has an abnormal amount of red for any nosy be.

We got a total of 4 WC Males back in December. All have acclimated pretty well :)

Two are close to what are typically considered "true blue", one is pretty green (and GIANT), and then there's this guy. We'll try to post pics of them all today/tomorrow in a single thread for comparison.

thats not true... most imported Nosy Be's are that green an get more blue while in captivity, and most true Blue nosy's come breeding the ones that turned really blue.. as far as the red that guy has? wild caughts have came in with the red as long as ive seen them coming in.. some more then others an even some without much or any red..
I wouldnt call the amount of red abnormal.. nice lookin boy ya got...

Back
Top Bottom