Unique eye problem

Turningdoc

I was looking at my 1 yo Ambanja WC panther female today and noticed a small bulge under her left eyelid. As I watched it started to move! (Insert nausea here) Looks like a small 2 mm worm under the eyelid. Was thinking of trying to coax it out w a Q-tip but that seems like quite a challenge. Any advice from my vet friends out there?

While I am certainly no vet, nor do I have experience with this issue.. But with it being in such a sensitive/important area, I would opt for a vet visit.

There have been cases of foleyella worms, which are common in wc imports, living in the turret/under the eyelid. In one case report there were 13 worms in that one location in one chameleon. They'll need to be surgically removed, which should only be done by a reptile veterinarian.

There have been cases of foleyella worms, which are common in wc imports, living in the turret/under the eyelid. In one case report there were 13 worms in that one location in one chameleon. They'll need to be surgically removed, which should only be done by a reptile veterinarian.

Dr. Mader told me about these worms when Sid's eyes stayed all puffy but one I told him that my daughter had hatched Sid he no longer believed it to be worms. That was before the MRI and finding out that Sid had high blood pressure which caused his eyes to look puffy.

Back
Top Bottom