Unexpected permanent color change (Panthers)?

Let's face it, the ability of chameleons to change color makes us love them more! I mostly keep and breed Panther chameleons. On occasion panther chameleons will unexpectedly go through a permanent color change of their base (relaxed) color! Some people find it very exciting! (This has never happened to any of my adult breeders yet, but if people love it I might have to invest in new breeders!!!) As a panther chameleon breeder this would be a trait that I would not like to breed into my chameleons unless it would make them much more popular (lol)! Being in control of what the hatchlings of your breeding chameleons end up looking like (as adults) allow for us to produce what customers want!

One of my former customers is currently experiencing this phenomenon with his panther boy! Luckily for him, the new and improved version of his boy is phenomenal!

So, here on the forums, I have a massive audience of experienced people who could help me to collect data regarding this phenomenon! I would really appreciate it, if anyone who experienced this unexpected permanent color change, could share your information with the rest of us!

What I am interested in is:
1) At what age did this happen?
2) What was the color change, from what color to what new base color?
3) Was there any cause or changing event that made this happen that you are aware of?
4) Do you have any before and after pictures we can enjoy? (Please post them)!
5) What locale was this panther you experienced this phenomenon with!

My sincerest appreciation!!!

Matt

Back
Top Bottom