uneven cheeks - something to be concerned about?

I sure hope so!
I felt so terrible, I hurt her foot when I tried to put her in a carrier. (She doesn't like being put into things)
I think I took off the ends of two toes, but there wasn't any bleeding and I cleaned off the foot with hibiclens diluted just in case.
I miss her already :(

I can sure appreciate how you feel, but IMHO you did the right thing. You also caught this before it got really bad. She will hopefully get good vet care through the store's network, you won't be worrying trying to deal with an unfamiliar new pet, finding a competent vet, treating and handling her, and if she didn't make it you'd feel worse. These infections can be a real problem. I know you miss her, but rest assured...she doesn't feel the same :). And, it is an important wake up call for the store...MAKE SURE THE LIVESTOCK IS HEALTHY before selling it!!!

I can sure appreciate how you feel, but IMHO you did the right thing. You also caught this before it got really bad. She will hopefully get good vet care through the store's network, you won't be worrying trying to deal with an unfamiliar new pet, finding a competent vet, treating and handling her, and if she didn't make it you'd feel worse. These infections can be a real problem. I know you miss her, but rest assured...she doesn't feel the same :). And, it is an important wake up call for the store...MAKE SURE THE LIVESTOCK IS HEALTHY before selling it!!!

Haha I kept telling myself that she didn't care if she ever saw me again so I needed to get over sending her back :rolleyes:

I left some very detailed notes on what was wrong with her display cage and how it could have led to the infection, so I'm hoping the store listens up.

Thanks for the tips, support and help everyone :)

Back
Top Bottom