Unaware chameleon, not knowing whats best for her?

Progrmor

I got a 2 months old veiled female in a exoterra for the moment, im changing to screen when she get bigger.

I got 73F in the middle/lower part of the cage and 78F At the top near the basking spot.

Here´s the problem.. When she been to her cup and eaten, she dosent bask or anything, she just stay in the lower part of the cage. And in my oppinion she needs more than 73F to digest her food, right?

Do I have to PUT her near the basking spot or should I trust her to find it herself?

She do have loads of ways to get up there, many vines & branches and plenty of foliage both in the bottom and the top.

What u think? :)

Okey.
I haven´t got any good picture on her cause she hides all the time and I dont want to bother her but I did caught her once! :D
1388481_10200720843930260_739051287_n.jpg

And the enclosure:
hibbbbi.jpg

I would raise the basking temp to about 85 or a little less and make sure none of your branches under the basking light are close to the light. Have them be down below atleast 6 inches. You look like your branches go straight up to the screen under your basking light and she will get burned.

I would raise the basking temp to about 85 or a little less and make sure none of your branches under the basking light are close to the light. Have them be down below atleast 6 inches. You look like your branches go straight up to the screen under your basking light and she will get burned.

But she even likes to hang in the mesh under the basking lamp. And this seems fine?

She might get a burn before she moves, but there is not much you can do about it if she climbs the screen. You can't be there to watch every minute. I would just not encourage her to bask right up against the light by putting your branches so close like you have them.

If she's crawling there herself then yes. No need to worry if she gets hot shell move.

I will disagree with your statement. Chameleons get burned often when lights are to close to them. They are not aware they are getting hot until long after they are burned.

I would move the light up off the screen and put in a bulb with a few more watts. Just monitor the temps carefully.

Back
Top Bottom