Uh oh, dehydration poop?

Crossingtami

Avid Member
So my karma has had 'normal', 'good' poop until today. The only different thing that has changed, is that I gave him 1 hornworm yesterday and 1 day b4 yesterday. Now his poop had part orange. Dehydrated? It is also the biggest poop he's ever had. Its 3 inches long. (Yes, I did measure it! Lol). I will fill out updated husbandry form if it will help u guys.

Attachments

• 20210208_112110.jpg
    20210208_112110.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 88
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon.8 month panther male
How long has it been in your care?he was 1 day old hatchling
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? maybe 1 or 2 times / week for 5 minutes. Only if he runs onto my arm when cleaning or feeding. Never unless its his choice.
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? feeding every other day. 5 crickets, 5 dubias (real small), and 2 silkworms. Except the last 2 feedings, I gave 1 horn worm and no silliest (I ran out). Gutload with apple, kale, carrots, oranges, and flukers high calcium cricket
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? every feeding, dusting (not sugar donut caking) w repashy superfluous calcium plus LoD
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? big dripper dripping down plant. 10 am - 7 pm. Reptifogger misting= every hr for 30 min from 12am-5am. Mist king = 7am - 2 min, 4 pm - 2 min, 7pm- 2 min, 12am-2 min. 3am- 2 min, 5 am- 2 min.
Have only seen him drink 1 time since i stopped hand watering

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?urates have been creamy white. Today's was part orange with half white. Tested for parasites at last vet visit.
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:2x2x4 dragon strand
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?pvc back, screen sides. I did add shower curtain to 2 sides for humidity levels which were low during day
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using?75 watt household white in a dome. I have 2 vivarium electronic t5 HO fixture with standard t5 6400k. And arcadia 6% uvb t5 HO.
What is your daily lighting schedule? lights on at 7 am, off at 7pm.
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)?80° top by basking branch 8.5" below light. 70° near bottom 1/4 lower enclosure Lowest overnight temp? 63 to 64° night temp.
How do you measure these temps? govee humidity/temp gauge and hand held temp gun
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? 40-50 humidity daytime.. 75- 90 nightime.
How are you creating and maintaining these levels? misting schedule and checking throughout day and night
What do you use to measure humidity? govee digital
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? 4 pothos, spider, ficus, draceana, umbrella, 2 bromeliads
Placement - Where is your ca located? his own bedroom
Is it nea any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? no
At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?sits ontop 2.5' table, so top of cage is 6.5ft
Location - Where are you geographically located?San Francisco Bay area, California
Current Problem - The current problem saw part orangey color in poop.. was worried about dehydration even though half was creamy white.

Write your reply...

Looks like a good poo.
Your husbandry looks ok except for the Fluker’s stuff for feeding your bugs. You’d be better off getting something like Repashy Bug Burger...or use more fresh greens and veggies instead.
A recent visit to a great cham vet, he told me to use the Repashy calcium plus LoD twice a month and use Repti Calcium without D3 all feedings for my panther (& all my chams).

I will buy the bug burger today. My vet suggested I sprinkle the fluker calcium on top of the gutload salad I make for the feeders every night. ( I use most all of the listed veggies and fruits on the list of gutload. )

Back
Top Bottom