Ugly Cham Contest? not serious, really

I was checking craigslist last Thursday for chameleon stuff when, lo and behold, I saw that someone in the next town listed 3 chams for sale. (Didn't know you could actually sell pets on craigslist.) He had a 1 1/2 yr old (aprox.) male veiled, a sub-adult male ambanja/nosy be from Kammerflage's Bilbo (we have the receipt), and a sub-adult female Sambava from a local breeder. All came complete with cage, lights, misters, dishes, cups, vines, plants, crickets, supplements, etc.

To make a long story short, we came home with all 3, even though the veiled looks pitiful. His coloring is a bit odd, and he has a bent casque (from an old injury or MBD, or whatever- apparently it was that way when the seller brought him home from petsmart). Below are photos. The photo of the veiled is not as "fancy" :) because he was WAY too active. His photo shows him fresh out of the shower.

Common sense tells me we should have taken the panthers, and left the veiled behind. But, when we took him out to examine him, he was very strong and energetic, but not mean spirited. It was about 10Pm by then, and, after a few minutes, he climbed up to my neck, snuggled in, and went to sleep. How could I leave him behind?

They are all 3 settling in and drinking and eating heartily.

DSCF4752b.jpg

DSCF4768b.jpg

DSCF4777.JPG

DSCF4772b.jpg

DSCF4780b.jpg

DSCF48061.jpg

DSCF4807c.jpg

DSCF4805.jpg

I think the Veiled is cute! His bent casque gives him character! Pretty colors too-just more browns than usual.

Man too slow.. I was gonna say Emeril !BAM! Anyways besides his casque he looks good, i like the turquoise coloring he has,.... good luck with them, how much did you pay for all if you don't mind me asking?

wow they all look surprisingly healthy and in good shape, why the ugly cham title? lol

the male panther reminds me of my guy, similar coloring, except mine (ambanja) has those red dots kinda all over

and I actually really like that veileds colors, really camo-ish, and his curvy casque gives him spunk lol

female also looks really good

'm always a sucker for the ladies. That female Panther is stunning. Her slight orange/ purple hue and flawless physicality are texbook. Bet she would make awesome babies.

Man too slow.. I was gonna say Emeril !BAM! Anyways besides his casque he looks good, i like the turquoise coloring he has,.... good luck with them, how much did you pay for all if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry, hubby said not to tell. Our veiled cham Guido reminds me more of Emeril. I didn't even notice the turquoise on Wolfgang until the next day. He was sleepy when we picked him up and pretty much brown and muted gold.

wow they all look surprisingly healthy and in good shape, why the ugly cham title? lol

the male panther reminds me of my guy, similar coloring, except mine (ambanja) has those red dots kinda all over

and I actually really like that veileds colors, really camo-ish, and his curvy casque gives him spunk lol

female also looks really good

The ugly cham title was just for the veiled. The other 2 look like little jewels to me.

NAME HIM EMERIL... I'm too late.

I don't think he's ugly, I think he's cute!

There was a chameleon rescued by the store we get our stuff from... they have only reptiles, great people they are... half his casque was MISSING, like... cut off... along with a bunch of the spines from the upper part of his back... he'd been abused, or something. But the store owners got him good and healthy again... he was a spunky little guy... he got adopted the other day. We wanted to take him, but we've only got room for one right now :p

Awww... what a cute story! I wouldn't have been able to leave him behind either...although I do have a tendency to fall in love with pretty much every "unfortunate-looking" creature I stumble upon. I actually think his coloring is quite stunning...I love the brown/turquoise colors together! Also, do you know how old your Ambanja/Nosy is? Or his mother's name? I have one of his half brothers at the very least, Bilbo was the sire of mine as well! :)

How about Swedish shef (from The Muppet Show)? The Swedish chef’s actual name appears in one episode, in which Danny Kaye plays the chef's uncle. The name Kaye rattles off is (something like) "Sjøø Hjørste Früden de Gooste Boodne Oonde oot te Fæbbe Sjørt-Fÿrste de Børnd" but, Kaye's character goes on, "we call him Tom" (though, based on the chef's reaction, he may have been kidding about the "Tom" part).

Attachments

• 180px-The_Swedish_Chef_and_proto-Rizzo.jpg
    180px-The_Swedish_Chef_and_proto-Rizzo.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 114
do you know how old your Ambanja/Nosy is? Or his mother's name? I have one of his half brothers at the very least, Bilbo was the sire of mine as well! :)

The receipt from Kammerflage reads in part:

Panther Morph cross CB. Male. Sire. Bilbo

The item number on the receipt reads: BILB-THE-1206-CB-M

We believe "THE" is probably part of the dams name. I would guess the 1206 would be the hatch month.

Let us know if this info relates to your cham, as well. I would love to see a photo of yours. Sandy

The mother of my clutch was "Berutial"...so probably not full brothers! :) But here are a few recent pics of Elmer in the sun!
CIMG0580.jpg

CIMG0586.jpg

CIMG0587.jpg

CIMG0584.jpg

CIMG0581.jpg

Last edited:
Spoiled Chams

Geez.......I can't let my chams see pictures of your chams. Yours get a fresh fluffy bath towel after their shower! Mine get a paper towel! I don't think that Veiled is ugly at all....he looks like a real sweetie pie. I'm glad you did not walk away from him. You will treat him like a king :) I've ended up with a couple of cats that snuggled up to me when I picked them up. I totally get that part of your story :)

The mother of my clutch was "Berutial"...so probably not full brothers! :) But here are a few recent pics of Elmer in the sun!

Wow, he's a beauty. His coloration is VERY much like ours. Berutial is an unusual name. Do you know if it means something? Then again, I don't follow pop culture too closely, perhaps it's the name of a princess from a Walt Disney movie, or something.

Back
Top Bottom