Ugh! Another channel on you tube with a very sick panther Cham!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I watch “the dark den” on you tube which is a channel about a man in Croatia that has a lot of tarantulas and he also has a male panther Cham who is beautiful And today he put out a video saying his Cham is sick and he doesn’t know why. He free ranges his Cham on a large schefflera plant/tree and I don’t think the Cham gets enough uvb and I think is suffering from mbd. He is having lots of trouble using his back legs and hes sleeping during the day. I’ve invited him to come here for advice because they don’t have good reptile vets there. I wish I could post a link to here but I’m not sure I can. I’m so sad!

He sucks! Sorry but I knew his cham would die a while back when I saw his set up. Improper UVB and no humidity. He has sick and dead animals all the time and claims it just happens. But no animals don't just die for no reason. He has terrible husbandry for much of what I have seen. Leave him the question of how long his animals live, I bet it is 3 year average

I've seen the channel, but stopped watching it. The guy seems to have a ton of money to "collect" exotic species of whim, but his enclosures seemed geared toward his fanciful ideas rather than the animals' welfare.

It looked to me like his solution to sick/dying animals is to just replace them rather than address any issues.

Anyhow, he lost me after about 3-4 vids—around the time he built a beardie enclosure (if I've got the timing correct). SMH and haven't gone back since.

He still has the bear due who seepms to be doing well. I told him in comments what’s wrong with his panther Cham and invited him here so we will see but if he lets that beautiful Cham just die then I’m not watching him anymore either!

Back
Top Bottom