two filters in the Chameleon room???

Chameleon crazy

My parents said that I have to put all of my reptiles in one room, so I had to move my two 10 gal tanks, with my mud turtles in there. The water is filled about 4-5 in. and it has a filter. So I was wondering if the turtle tanks with the filter and light over it would have any effect on my veiled chameleon in her screen cage? Like give her a respiratory infection or something like that? My mom said I’m probably over reacting and that my cham will be fine. But no harm making sure and being on the safe side.:)

The tanks have a small half cover over them, but the room just seems a tiny bit damp. In the room I have my Veiled Cham, 2 Armadillo lizards, 1 bearded dragon, a Russian tortoise, a box turtle, and two Mississippi map turtles. So it is quite warm! :p

Thanks!:):)

Last edited:
I have heard that too much humidity, maybe 70-80%, can cause a URI. So as long as the humidity doesnt stay that high, she should be fine. There should only be short bursts of that high of humidity after misting. The regular humidity should be around 40-50%. Fans can held decrease the humidity in a room, and also the heat, if it gets to hot.

well i have a 20 gal ciclid tank, and a 40 gal turtle tank (with 3 turtles) in the same room as my cham.
my turtle tank is right next to my veiled tank.
at the most, without misting, the humidity has only gotten to 60.
that is the most. my turtle tank is filled ohmost all the way up.
there is anywhere between 2-8 inches of space between the top and water level.
depending on if i just filled it our should clean it out.
just make sure to keep track of your humidity, and youll be fine.

how big is your russian, thos things require a lot of space, and/or what about hybernation?

Back
Top Bottom