Try this with reptaid?

So I was thinking yesterday. I have water crystals that were given to me from Mark that he adds to water and they absorb it for the roaches. well would I be able to do that with reptaid? Put a drop of reptaid on a few crystals every other day and give it to the roaches? Would it still work if I fed it to the roaches or would they just digest it? I would think, like gutloading, it would at least do something.

So I was thinking yesterday. I have water crystals that were given to me from Mark that he adds to water and they absorb it for the roaches. well would I be able to do that with reptaid? Put a drop of reptaid on a few crystals every other day and give it to the roaches? Would it still work if I fed it to the roaches or would they just digest it? I would think, like gutloading, it would at least do something.

I think it might work the same. When you but flukers water for crickets they add calcium and stuff. I add calcium and vitamins when I mix the water crystals with the water. Instead of clear gel it comes out whitish. The crickets drink it so the calcium and vitamins have to go somewhere. If they digest it, I would think it's still in their system.

It may work. But why not just buy some syringes and inject the roaches with reptaid? Seems easier and you'd know they had some reptaid in them when feeding.

lol. Gross. Sounds easier just to pour it on them and dust them with something.

May sound gross bro but its easier/less stress on the animal. Try dosing them with it orally then you have to pry their mouth open or make em gape and shoot it in. More stress on the animal and it has to be done for a cpl of weeks every day. Easier to administer by dosing a roach. Jmo.

It may work. But why not just buy some syringes and inject the roaches with reptaid? Seems easier and you'd know they had some reptaid in them when feeding.

I have never been able to do it. The crunch just grosses me out. I would rather try it in a few crystals for a few roaches right before feeding them off. I'm sure leo wouldn't mind getting it orally but calais would freak.

I have never been able to do it. The crunch just grosses me out. I would rather try it in a few crystals for a few roaches right before feeding them off. I'm sure leo wouldn't mind getting it orally but calais would freak.

There is no crunch when injecting roaches or crickets. I inject them in butt:D On roaches there is an opening in the behind where they poop and or give birth. It is much less stressful on the animal to inject the feeders as Scott said. Its also possible the reptaid will kill off all of your roach colony if they are all eating it. Not sure but I wouldnt risk it. I wouldnt give reptaid at every feeding either. If an animal is sick, new import, parasites or just wanting to give it a natural boost go with the recommended dosage and amount of days it suggests. I do dose mine up here and there with just one dose and not the whole treating regimen. There is really no set amount of days I do it but I would say once every 2 or so months they get one days dose of it.

Back
Top Bottom