Trouble breeding panther chameleons

I have a 2 year old male Panther Ambilobe and a 1 year old female of the same breed. When I first introduced them, the male fired up and bobbed his head, but the female was unreceptive/angry/hissing. I have made several attempts to reintroduce them, but no luck. The female no longer gets angry. I think she's receptive because she's a light salmon color, but she runs away from him. He slowly chases after her but he doesn't get fired up and shows no signs of bobbing.

He hasn't shed in a while and is looking a little ashy. I have tried to speed up the process by putting him in the shower, as suggested by the chameleon breeder I bought him from. Because of the ashy-ness, he's looking a little muddled. Could that be why the female isn't interested?

I have two Carpets that I am attempting to breed as well. They seem to be displaying normal mating characteristics. I can't figure out why the panthers aren't doing the same.

Basically, I'm trying to figure out why the female runs away, and why the male doesn't fire up. Any suggestions?

Its part of the age for him, my does that but it could be the lighting the supplement given too him, how much Calcium and D3 your givinv him?

Back
Top Bottom