Tropical flower

Cordawayconstruction

Established Member
Hey folks. I'm looking for a tropical non toxic flower to put inside my Jackson's new enclosure. 2'×2'×4't are the dimensions. It's a dragonstrand clear side enclosure. Humidity will be from 80rh all the way to 100. Temp mid 75 daytime, low 60s night time.
I have a zebra plant, calathea, 2 scheffleras and am looking for a good solid flower as well as a good vine. There's so many choices on these different websites I've found but it's too much info for me as I'm new to the tropical plant thing.

Yeah I kept a hibiscus okay under a jungle dawn megaspot bulb if you want to spend the extra cash on one of those lights. The leaves and flowers are nutritious as well and they have good branches for climbing.

The problem with most flowering plants is that they are prone to pests, aphids in particular. They usually need very high light and if not they become stressed and vulnerable.

Yeah I kept a hibiscus okay under a jungle dawn megaspot bulb if you want to spend the extra cash on one of those lights. The leaves and flowers are nutritious as well and they have good branches for climbing.

The problem with most flowering plants is that they are prone to pests, aphids in particular. They usually need very high light and if not they become stressed and vulnerable.
That makes sense. I was looking at the Arcadia quad ho fixture for the new enclosure. It has a pro plant bulb, an Arcadia 12 uvb bulb and 2 full spectrum bulbs.would that be adequate lighting? I also keep a led plant bulb in a stand up lamp right next to his enclosure as I have 5 live plants all right there.

For most plants it is great lighting, but it wouldn't sustain a hibiscus all year. They need very heavy lighting, I'd only trust them with a Jungledawn spott. People do rotate them inside and outside with success though if you want to keep pulling it out every few months.

Pathos is the vine you want, hang the pot, it will fill the whole cage.

CHEERS!

Nick
Probably the most popular plant in chameleon households, and regular households at that. It grows super fast and it is next to impossible to kill it. I have two, and my veiled loves them. Golden would be the kind to go with.

I've seen a lot of those. That's good they get big cause this enclosure is HUGE! just got it today and am taken aback by the size of the thing. Gonna take me a couple weeks to get it set up how I want it before I move Lokey In

I was going to suggest wandering jew. It vines well, has colorful leaves and will flower in the right conditions. It may not be sturdy enough for heavy chameleons to climb.

Yeah they are better for small species/babies to climb on, but for a dense cage they do a great job at ground cover, branch cover, etc.

Croton has a few varieties with colorful leaves. There are some bromeliads that will survive and bloom if mounted in the upper third of the cage. Orchids can survive but I don't think you can count on them blooming or the blooms surviving a chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom