Trixxi passed away

ronnie

My beautiful girl passed away in the early hours of Monday morning.Anyone who was following my previous thread :eyes closed after laying: will know that after laying only 3 eggs i took her to the vet who took an x-ray that showed she was still carrying eggs,over the next 3 days she was given 3 shots of oxytocin,she continued to drink the first day but was getting weaker and showed no interest whatsoever in her laying bin,2nd and 3rd day she hardly took any water for me.I discussed her options with her vet he said that if we had no luck with a forth shot of oxytocin then he would operate,well she never made it that far.I asked the vet to carry out a necropsy which he did,he phoned me with his findings(i will get a full written report next week) she had an abscess inside near her vent so she couldn't pass her eggs and she also had an infection in her perinium,the vets thinks that even if he had operated she would never have made it though the operation with an infection like that.My only hope is that she was in the least pain as possible.I had to put all her things away as i couldn't bear to see it without her there.Thank you to all the people who has helped me over the last 8-9 months,who have PM me,given me advice and helped in anyway at all,a special thank you to Miss Lily for all her support and kind words,I'll be keeping an eye on the forums so i can catch a glance of all your beautiful Chams,and to up date you on Trixxi's necropsy results

*Sleep well girl,i miss you XX*

Oh, Ronnie. This is the very post that every owner dreads having to write. Trixxi was a one in a million just like my Lily was. I know how much you loved her and I feel so sad as I know exactly how you are feeling right now. I was the same when Lily passed away - I couldn't bear the empty cage. I emptied everything out and put a flowering plant in there. When I brought her ashes home she spent one last night in her cage. The empty cage is the hardest thing to deal with and you will feel lost for a while now that a large part of your daily routine is no longer there. I am thinking of you, as I have been over the last few days.

Sweet dreams Trixxi - heaven has gained another little green angel.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of my girl:)

Attachments

• trix pic's 8.05.09 030.JPG
    trix pic's 8.05.09 030.JPG
    128.1 KB · Views: 118
  • trix pic's 8.05.09 046.JPG
    trix pic's 8.05.09 046.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 156
  • sunbathing 006.JPG
    sunbathing 006.JPG
    127.4 KB · Views: 136
  • eggs or no eggs 020.JPG
    eggs or no eggs 020.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 121
  • 3rd day out! 003.JPG
    3rd day out! 003.JPG
    181.3 KB · Views: 120
Ronnie I know i have already said how sorry I am but looking at the pictures of her in better days makes me sad for you all over again. When the time is right you will want another chameleon, it will never replace Trixxi but will have a new place in your heart, next to where Trixxi will always be. If Trixxi could talk to you that is what she would want, for another cham to have all the love & care you gave to her. Rest in peace Trixxi.

I am very sorry to hear but you did everything you could and then some. Females can certainly be tricky, heck, all chams can be tricky. I hope you don't give up on them because each and every single one, no matter how long a life, certainly brings something to your life.

Oh, Ronnie, I've been reading your posts in the other thread and hoping for the best; I'm sorry it came to this.

i am so sorry for your loss. i have just been through almost the same exact thing just over a month ago. i knew i would get another chameleon but intended to wait for a while then heard from a friend who owns a reptile store who had someone bring them a chameleon that they couldn't take care of because they were moving and he asked if we would take him. it just felt right, like he needed us so we took him. i hope you will find another chameleon that needs you too.

Trixxi was a beautiful lady. My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry that she didn't make it. You did all that you could for her. May she now rest in peace.

I know it must have been dificult but thanks for sharing the photographs. I hope it helps you heal. I think we all can appreciate how important these little ones are and how they so greatly impact our lives. Best wishes are with you the living, blessed be to those that have passed.

So sorry for your loss Ronnie...I was hoping she was going to pull through :(

Trixxi was in good hands with you as her keeper, when the time is right another little girl or boy will fill that space....not that it will ever replace her. Trixxi will be waiting on the Rainbow Bridge for you.....

So sorry....

I'm so sorry about her passing. You obviously tried to help her through the situation. And getting a necropsy to find out the situation is an even further expression of caring for her. Now you know what happened and you won't have to wonder. Did the vet remove the eggs for incubation? Were they viable? I've hatched out some babies from eggs that were removed after death. I know how hard it is to recover the loss of a chameleon that was part of your every day. I still miss my beloved Melleri Layla each and every day. It gets better each week but certain things, like your post, bring new tears for my Layla to my eyes. Once again, I'm so sorry :(

Back
Top Bottom