Trioceros: Test Video

merumontanus

Avid Member
I had a number of miscellaneous, unused, test sequences of several of my Trioceros, so I decided to put together a rough edit to test the newly implemented, native Vimeo embed that Brad was kind enough to add to the forum's capabilities.

The video is presented in 720p HD, so pause it and let it load completely if it skips for you. For a better viewing experience, headphones are recommended. Let's see how it goes...

[vimeo]5881464[/vimeo]

Cheers,

Fabián

OMFG, EXQUISITE! Fantastic work! I take pride in owning a couple chameleons you produced!

OMFG, EXQUISITE! Fantastic work! I take pride in owning a couple chameleons you produced!

Ah, thanks Kent! I'm the one who is most excited to have had the opportunity to place them under your care, and that of other dedicated keepers in the community. It would be even better to see just a few of them grow up to produce even more little horned gems and, dare I say it, establish at least a small, stable, population in captivity.

Cheers!

Fabián

absolutely the finest cham related camera work i have ever seen, and that includes national geographic, one thing i have to know, with silky smooth and rock steady pans , i am assuming that there was some sort of steady cam / image stabilization ?.also i do have one complaint (not intended to diminish the accomplishment, but) where is the rest of it ? i am sure we will all be wanting and waiting for (lots) more footage , absolutely exquisite, bravo ps cant thank you enough

absolutely the finest cham related camera work i have ever seen, and that includes national geographic, one thing i have to know, with silky smooth and rock steady pans , i am assuming that there was some sort of steady cam / image stabilization ?.also i do have one complaint (not intended to diminish the accomplishment, but) where is the rest of it ? i am sure we will all be wanting and waiting for (lots) more footage , absolutely exquisite, bravo

Thank you for the kind note. Unfortunately, it's a bit compressed for the web-- it looks much nicer in 1080HD (though there is a full screen option when you hover over the video). Good observation on the panning. Although I use a Steadicam® Pilot for most of my work, this time, given that I was using a heavy 35mm system and the fact that I had very little room to work with, I was constrained to using a tripod (Cartoni Focus). The use of a wide lens probably helped in producing the illusion of a dolly shot.

I have many more hours of unedited footage, but these were just a few, slightly soft, sequences for which I had no other use.

Very, very cool. Thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you, Juli.

Fabián

Did you color correct this footage? The coloring is beyond reality! Really amazing stuff.

Hi. I graded the footage slightly to achieve a somewhat uniform look from scene to scene, crushing the blacks just a bit in certain areas and warming up the midtones to try to get it as close to "reality" as possible. Nothing major-- it was all level adjustments. If you look at the frame grab from the raw footage itself (below), you can see that the 35mm adapter gives it a really nice, organic, look right out of the camera-- and a nice bokeh.

3780109166_b23f695040.jpg

Thanks,

Fabián

Last edited:
Hi. I graded the footage slightly to achieve a somewhat uniform look from scene to scene, crushing the blacks just a bit in certain areas and warming up the midtones to try to get it as close to "reality" as possible. Nothing major-- it was all level adjustments. If you look at the frame grab from the raw footage itself (below), you can see that the 35mm adapter gives it a really nice, organic, look right out of the camera-- and a nice bokeh.

3780109166_b23f695040.jpg

Thanks,

Fabián

Very nice.

I am majoring in film for college and specialize in editing. My weakest asset is color correction. I have yet to even accomplish coloring like this. It would be really awesome if there was some tutorial on how to do this for final cut studio.

Very nice.

I am majoring in film for college and specialize in editing. My weakest asset is color correction. I have yet to even accomplish coloring like this. It would be really awesome if there was some tutorial on how to do this for final cut studio.

I am no colorist-- but you are very kind. Are you familiar with Lynda.com? I use Final Cut Studio exclusively, and they have some of the most comprehensive collections of video tutorials for Color and Final Cut Pro's 3-way color corrector.

Glad to have you on the forums, Angelo.

Cheers,

Fabián

I am no colorist-- but you are very kind. Are you familiar with Lynda.com? I use Final Cut Studio exclusively, and they have some of the most comprehensive collections of video tutorials for Color and Final Cut Pro's 3-way color corrector.

Glad to have you on the forums, Angelo.

Cheers,

Fabián

Fabian,

Though you may not be a colorist, it is still pretty damn professional. I am not familiar with lynda.com but am really happy that you pointed me in the right direction for color correction! Chameleonforums is proving to have a bigger use than just learning about chameleons.'

Take care!

Fabian,

Though you may not be a colorist, it is still pretty damn professional. I am not familiar with lynda.com but am really happy that you pointed me in the right direction for color correction! Chameleonforums is proving to have a bigger use than just learning about chameleons.'

Take care!

For $25 a month, it's an invaluable resource, especially for such an intimidating application as is Color. What's best, you don't have to commit to a yearly membership. Every time I need to brush up on something, I sign up for a month and nothing more.

Hope it works out for you. Cheers,

Fabián

For $25 a month, it's an invaluable resource, especially for such an intimidating application as is Color. What's best, you don't have to commit to a yearly membership. Every time I need to brush up on something, I sign up for a month and nothing more.

Hope it works out for you. Cheers,

Fabián

You have inspired me to test out Final cut studios color. For the past while, I have avoided it but after some messing around it is pretty fun. Thanks for expanding my horizons. I will start including color in the work flow!

I will probably get the monthly membership but I will sit down and play with color.:D

Wow, I love it- it looks so professional! :) Don't you feel like shooting a speechless movie about your chameleons? (I'd definitely go to the cinema to see it) :D

Back
Top Bottom