trioceros q. quadricornis babies pics

jack29

They're almost one month old so they need an update!! they're growing but quite slowly... someone has some mesurament about their growing process? weights would be very appriciated :D !!

Anyway here they are!! ;)

They look great, Jack!!! Sorry but I cant give any info on weights or growth:eek: If they are anything like K. tavetana then they grow VERY slow!!!

I wish I had kept track of age vs weight, but it never crossed my mind when my quads started hatching; however, I can echo that they grow all too slowly.

Drew

An other month is gone and the babies are doing great! I'm so happy of them and i hope they will continue like this! :)
In this month they're grown much faster than in the first days so i think they're ok! Anyway i have some pics for you. i hope you'll like them! :D

Baby1 (quite sure he is a male, but i don't know for the others)

Baby2

Baby3

Baby4

Baby5

Very nice Jack! Toobad we didn't have a chance to introduce at Hamm. While you were talking with Tom I was sitting at the table next to him. Maybe next time ;)

Jack they are doing just great. They are going to seem like they never grow but they do slowly come along. I want baby #3. Guess you will say no since it would be to far - not to mention illegal.:( Keep up the good work.:)

Very nice Jack! Toobad we didn't have a chance to introduce at Hamm. While you were talking with Tom I was sitting at the table next to him. Maybe next time ;)

Nooooo i didn't know it! i'd like to talk to you.. maybe next time!! ;)
It will be long time from now probably because i had a bad travel back home.. i was driving on the highway and the engine of my car stopped working near Frankfurt!! :( I had to wait from saturday till wednesday before have my car repaired and return home in Italy.. my 3 travel mates had to come back earlier to work so they return on sunday by train bringing with them the animals..
It was a really bad travel for us and also for the animals unfortunately but they don't seem have problem linked to this adventure!!
Anyway the fair was amazing as always and i enjoyed talking with Tom and other great european reptile keepers!! :)

Anyway i think the babies are 3.2, what's your opinion? if you want to see bigger pics you'll find here http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=1800664857997&id=1281079393&aid=104868

Of any species I've kept, I think that quads are the most handsome of animals. They are so robust and substantial looking. I like them more than my cristatus.

Kevin

oooh my, that's horrible! Lucky the animals didn't have any problems due to the long travel. Ofcourse in another country it's always hard to get help fast.

I looked at the pictures and i think the first 3 are males and the other 2 are females, so I think you're right. It's ahrd to see for me because I'm working on a mobile connection right now and he compresses the pictures to a lower quality.

I will be in Hamm again in september and then I think I have sold my clutch of calyptratus that will hatch this month. So then I'm planning on buying a couple of pfefferi's and a female quadricornis to match my male. Tom will have pefferi's available then too and a friend of mine has pfefferi eggs since last month, so if I'm lucky I can get some captive bred pefferi's who are unrelated.

Hi everybody! i'll show you pics of the monthly update of the babies.. they're doing great but i'm still not sure about sexing them.. i will sell them at the end of May so i'd like to be sure of that!! but i'm worried to have 5 males..

Baby1 2,7 gr MALE

Baby2 1,8 gr MALE ?

Baby3 1,8 gr MALE

Baby4 3,3 gr FEMALE?

head

Baby5 2,4 gr MALE?

head

che carino!! manco i miei quads... forse rubaro' uno dei vostri (in longarone) ;)

beh, credo che tu abbia almeno un paro. :)

Drew

Hey Drew you mad scientist, the forum requires english, so what are you hiding from me??

Jack the babies look great but their patterns are so different that mine were I have no idea what sex they are. Start a new thread asking for help sexing them. I did it and it worked for me. You could also look back at my sexing thread a compare. We were able to id all but 1 of mine correctly.

che carino!! manco i miei quads... forse rubaro' uno dei vostri (in longarone) ;)

Drew

Jack the babies look great but their patterns are so different that mine were I have no idea what sex they are. Start a new thread asking for help sexing them. I did it and it worked for me. You could also look back at my sexing thread a compare. We were able to id all but 1 of mine correctly.

Thanks Laurie! i remember your post and it was good.. but i have already some doubts about some of them.. i will try to open a new thread in the general section!

Drew

Ciao Drew! spero proprio tu riesca ad esserci a Longarone.. ;)

Auguri Jack !

Sono bellissimi. Spero il megliore salute per tutti......

Grazie Joe! :D

It's nice to read someone how knows italian!! i feel at home!

Back
Top Bottom