Trioceros Johnstonii mating!!

reptoman

Avid Member
We had what appears to be a successful mating yesterday with our Johnstonii female and a male that Biffle (Jason) was kind enough to loan out to us for breeding purposes. The male was only out of the box 5 minutes and started head bobbing at the female so I put them together right away. I shot some video along with the attached pics. Coincidentally, Saladarya (Bobby) had his pair mate yesterday as well. Should work out good with the timing when it comes time to trade up offspring but i never count my eggs before they hatch ;)

Link to video - http://youtu.be/Igx74jh3f94

Attachments

• johnstonii_mating_080214_1 (1024x683).jpg
    johnstonii_mating_080214_1 (1024x683).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 420
  • johnstonii_mating_080214_6 (1024x683).jpg
    johnstonii_mating_080214_6 (1024x683).jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 470
  • johnstonii_mating_080214_8 (1024x683).jpg
    johnstonii_mating_080214_8 (1024x683).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 444
Congrats Brian. I guess it must be johnstonii weather. Hope you have some nice healthy babies in a while.

The male was only out of the box 5 minutes and started head bobbing at the female so I put them together right away.

That's the first thing I'd want to do right out of the box too! lucky cham!

Good luck with the egg laying! I'm really jonesing for these johnstonii.

Thanks Mike. I was pretty surprised how quickly he went for it. I was prepared to try introducing the male a few times throughout the week but it was over withing the first 30 minutes and now she cant stand the sight of him, lol

I will also jump in here. As Brian mentioned, mine hooked up the same day.

Interesting behavior change from the female. Aside from the obvious color change, she spend probably 70% of the day basking now and the remainder in another, cooler spot.

Prior to copulation, she basked maybe 1 hour a day and was VERY active throughout the day.

Her behavior is markedly different after 1 day. Pretty amazing actually .

I love these Johnstonis! These guys are hard to find captive bred right? Do they come around very often for sale?

Back
Top Bottom