Trioceros Jacksonii Jacksonii Baby Outside Today

Motherlode Chameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
I had one of my Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii babies outside for a while today. This is a couple photo's of I think a him. There is the possibility this one is a females as specimens of this subspecies sometimes have got three horns too.

uLY9Jc.jpg

Zp7wu0.jpg

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

How many babies do you have?

I have a lot of Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii babies from two births this summer. These babies are growing and require more space. I am developing the baby/reptile room somewhat. Good thing though I have got the enclosures I just have to add and expand the shelving to give all these growing Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii more space.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

So you're going to be the Tjj king soon??!?!

Thanks Linda. However I think only two births does not make me a Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii KING. I am having a great time with this species and am going to keep a breeding groups of this Trioceros species. I have got some new builds that may happen just as long as my family does not veto them/the idea's.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

We'll...two births is a beginning! :)

When you say Kinyonga beginning that is in the context beginning for breeding for this species. I have bred other species such as Furcifer pardalis, Furcifer lateralis, Furcifer verrucosus semicritatus and others. That you can have a look at on the Chameleon Forums new Species Database sometime sooner than later.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Nice looking guy/girl. How old is it?
I understand your situation with the many cages necessary to raise this species. As an example, I was given half a clutch by someone and I raised them in individual cages. The rest of the clutch was raised in an open top bin outdoors. The individuals grew faster and ended up being 1/4 to 1/3 larger than the group raised babies. They were fed and supplemented almost identically.
Sourcing small cages has been a problem for me it's nice that you already have your plan.

Nice looking guy/girl. How old is it?
I understand your situation with the many cages necessary to raise this species. As an example, I was given half a clutch by someone and I raised them in individual cages. The rest of the clutch was raised in an open top bin outdoors. The individuals grew faster and ended up being 1/4 to 1/3 larger than the group raised babies. They were fed and supplemented almost identically.
Sourcing small cages has been a problem for me it's nice that you already have your plan.

That is accurate statement. It is good to be prepared and ready for things. The 1st birth summer of 2020 Trioceros jacksonii jacksonii babies that are in the photo's are about three months old.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Back
Top Bottom