Tried everything

Can you post some pictures please???

If the chameleon is not eating and wandering around the cage with his eyes shut, its not a good thing IMHO.

Have you tried to hand feed him? Drip some water on his nose, when he starts to drink, stick a chameleon (head first) between his teeth and see if he will eat it.

woah, see how mispellings can really someone or something

I am pretty sure Kinyonga meant cricket or silkworm between his teeth

hi
i have a veiled chameleon about 8 months old. for the last two days he has openned his eyes very rarely and because of this he is not eating. i gave him a shower yesterday so i don't believe he is dehydrated. he is in a 2' wide 2' deep 41/2' tall screen enclosure with a large ficus tree and many vines. i have a zoo med 10.0 and a exoterra 5.0 uvb 24" florecent and a 60 watt juingle heat lamp. other than not openning his eyes he seems very healthy. do anybody have any advice. anything at all would be a help. i'm at my wits end.

Hey I had the same problem and I think I have pics of my chams eye on my profile. Check em out and tell my if it's the same thing. I went ahead and researched Vitamin A deficiency and treated him and his eyes r doin much better now!! Please let me know what happens! I think alot of people r having eye problems with chams eyes and just don't know much about V-A Deficiency.

hey
ilooked at the pics of your cham and it doesn't look like whats going on with mine. your guy has his eyes open and mine doesn't. when he does open them the vet said they look fine. i had a poop smear done yesterday and his coccidia is back so i started treatment for that last night. i was told a month ago by the vet that he was clear of it but i guess we were wrong. thanks for the help and keep it coming

hey
ilooked at the pics of your cham and it doesn't look like whats going on with mine. your guy has his eyes open and mine doesn't. when he does open them the vet said they look fine. i had a poop smear done yesterday and his coccidia is back so i started treatment for that last night. i was told a month ago by the vet that he was clear of it but i guess we were wrong. thanks for the help and keep it coming

Have you adjusted your lights or did away with any? I had a thought and it's a long shot. Is there any white surfaces that the light could be bouncing off of i.e. "snow blindness"? Or any glare that could be causing him to shut his eyes? Just a thought since you said he had his eyes open at the vet's.

update

hey everyone
made another trip to a different vet yesterday who has 20 years exp. with reptiles. he gave him a shot of fluids because he felt his eyes weren't openning because of dehydration. it has now been 24 hours and still no eyes openning. i am now giving him carnivor care though a siringe to feed him and he still gets a couple of crickets when i see his mouth open. anyone have any thoughts on what is going on?

You said..."one day exoterra calcium + d3 next day nothing next day rep-cal herptivite then repeat"...IMHO that's too much D3 and vitamins. Did you change anything after reading my post??

You said..."zoo med 10.0 and exoterra 5.0 uvb" and you said you only have one tree in the cage....so can your chameleon get out of the UVB?

Back
Top Bottom