Sorry, yet ANOTHER dumb question. I just want to be prepared for the chameleon haha. Anyways, would tap water straight from the kitchen sink treated with ReptiSafe be okay for a veiled chameleon to drink/be misted with?
Regular tap water is fine for most of us I beilive. I'm lucky to live in vancouver so I have some really good water. If where you live doesn't have the greatest water you could just let it sit out for a day or 2 just like you would if you were doing a water change for an aquarium.
Your first step is to educate yourself on exactly what is used in your local tap water and at what levels. If treatment levels are near the max (or exceed!) the allowable EPA limits for drinking water for chlorines, heavy metals, or other potential toxins, you might consider another source for your chams. It all depends.
I use tap water without any issue so far; my local supplier uses low levels of free chlorine and no fluoride. Others swear by Reverse Osmosis systems or distilled water. A little more investment, but you are getting a known product from RO.
Not all bottled water is "pure" either - much of it is simply tap water from somewhere else!
if you are worried you can always buy a water filter and put it on your tap. I have great water in my area and i still do it. Just make sure your waters not to hard because it could make shedding difficult for your cham.
Just go by the rule- if you don't drink your tap, do not give it to your cham.