Treat suggestions

Hi also I mainly cup feed. So as for treats I sometimes I pupate some wax worms to moths and bsfl to flies ( not that they are treats ) but hey catching some stuff free range ( or trying to) also has to be more stimulating. Like I get driven to the shop for a couple of beer but if I had to walk to get them I believe they would be even sweeter 🤣

I like to give waxworms occasionally

flies are my favorite. They love chasing them around. Black soldier flies, blue and green bottle flies, house flies. Your waxworms will pupate into moths that you can throw in there for them to hunt down too.
Hey. Question. On the food form pic. It says any kinds of moths you can feed that is good. But wax worms are high In fat & should be a treat. What about when it turns into a moth.. will it then be healthier or would it be a fatty moth for treats? Lol hope that make sense.

Hey. Question. On the food form pic. It says any kinds of moths you can feed that is good. But wax worms are high In fat & should be a treat. What about when it turns into a moth.. will it then be healthier or would it be a fatty moth for treats? Lol hope that make sense.
I’m not sure that they move around all that much…at least the ones I’ve had haven’t. Silk moths, especially the males with their fluttering wings are the moth treats I give when I have them.

I am only guessing, but I suspect the moths are much lower in fat. Kind of like the BSFL that have a fairly dense calcium layer as maggots vs the soft body as flies
And my last batch of wax moths flew pretty good (lost a few in the house when I opened it 😂)

I am only guessing, but I suspect the moths are much lower in fat. Kind of like the BSFL that have a fairly dense calcium layer as maggots vs the soft body as flies
And my last batch of wax moths flew pretty good (lost a few in the house when I opened it 😂)
Okay. Thank you. Hahhaa

I'm pretty sure the wax moths are much lower in fat. I seem to remember reading years ago that they expend a lot of energy (and thus fat), in transforming from a worm into a moth. And no, they don't move around like a BSFL would, but still it's visually stimulating for a chameleon.

I'm pretty sure the wax moths are much lower in fat. I seem to remember reading years ago that they expend a lot of energy (and thus fat), in transforming from a worm into a moth. And no, they don't move around like a BSFL would, but still it's visually stimulating for a chameleon.
Cool. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom