Traveling with my Panther Chameleon

element13

Hey everyone,

I was here when I first received my Panther Chameleon and he is doing great.

With everything going I decided to build a custom RV (sprinter body). I would love to bring him a long as I expect my travels to be lengthy.

Anyone travel with their Chameleon?

Lets start with that question before I ask some specific questions.

Electrical is not an issue.

My main concerns are three...

A 4 foot tall enclosure is impossible. I need him in an enclosure when the car is moving or he is left alone for his safety. I could go with something "L" Shaped in a corner. 2 feet down and 2 feet long.

What do you think?

Although the RV will run smooth there are likely to be bumps and some vibration from the vehicle moving.

Should I cover him when moving or will that only make the stress worse.

Lastly, weather permitting I would love to let him enjoy the sunlight and let roam on a near by bush or branch.

What should I be concerned about?

My main concerns are three...
Have you read the threads I linked to above?

A 4 foot tall enclosure is impossible. I need him in an enclosure when the car is moving or he is left alone for his safety. I could go with something "L" Shaped in a corner. 2 feet down and 2 feet long.

What do you think?
I think you find a way to make it possible. These are arboreal creatures; they need to (at least) feel they are up in the tree-tops.

Although the RV will run smooth there are likely to be bumps and some vibration from the vehicle moving.

Should I cover him when moving or will that only make the stress worse.
If covered, he should just go to sleep, though there may be a risk of him falling off his branch on a significant bump. A soft substrate (e.g. crumpled paper towel) may reduce the risk of injury.

IDK the long-term implications of irregular sleep patterns.

Lastly, weather permitting I would love to let him enjoy the sunlight and let roam on a near by bush or branch.

What should I be concerned about?
Aside from him getting out of your sight (losing him), climbing to where you can't retrieve him, or being attacked or snatched by a predator?

I think it would be safer just to take his enclosure outside—greater safety/security, less stress.

Getting ready for summer trips. Did you accomplish your traveling goals with rv ? I planned on an packing mine this summer

Back
Top Bottom