Translucent veiled chameleon

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
I was searching Craigslist the other day when I came across a Cham for sale that was in a horrible set up. She’s 10 months and was in a 12x12x20 cage (no room to move at all). After getting her to my place I realized how dehydrated she is and possible eye stuff going on (they aren’t moving as smoothly as they should)I’m currently looking for a reptile vet in my area and till then I’m trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. Any advice?

Attachments

• 722F7CF6-93C4-4B94-A713-F58B3832378E.jpeg
    722F7CF6-93C4-4B94-A713-F58B3832378E.jpeg
    268.6 KB · Views: 103
  • 28670023-1970-4D80-90F9-48775C874E2A.jpeg
    28670023-1970-4D80-90F9-48775C874E2A.jpeg
    131.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 79ABC56F-DEA7-4236-B1B2-E96E79F4B2CB.jpeg
    79ABC56F-DEA7-4236-B1B2-E96E79F4B2CB.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 133
put her in the shower for dehydration and eye problems it'll let her drink and clean her eyes, find a vet with cham experience asap but make sure they have experience with chams

Thank you. Also while I was showering her ,she was cleaning her eyes, I kept seeing red. Is it safe to keep showing her if this is happening? My male has never had this happen so is completely new for me

no that means she is bleeding from somewhere, make sure she flushes it all out, where was the red coming from

Call the vivarium in Berkeley in the morning. They’ll have a great reference for a vet down in the South Bay. Fortunately I grew up in Castro Valley so I know they are an amazing reference. But it’s been a long time since I’ve lived there

Call the vivarium in Berkeley in the morning. They’ll have a great reference for a vet down in the South Bay. Fortunately I grew up in Castro Valley so I know they are an amazing reference. But it’s been a long time since I’ve lived there
Thank you!! I only want wants best for this beautiful girl and want to do what I can’t to help her

Thank you!! I only want wants best for this beautiful girl and want to do what I can’t to help her
Absolutely! Your doing right and being a responsible pet owner unlike a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. Thankful to the person that put her up for sale as they had a heart as well for animals and didn’t just let her pass. Search google for the vivarium and when you call just explain what’s going on and they have experts there that will lead you in the right direction for a vet. I hope she comes through and lives a healthy life!

It was the eye area
if there is red coming from the eye, inspect the outer layer of her skin for any sign they peeled the shed off her or possibly nicked her, if the wound is not on the outside then it might be from inside the turret itself but I doubt that is it, bring up the red ti the vet and make sure that the vet knows every problem you've mentioned

the Info I have on her is little. I know they had a ceramic bulb on her all day long. They feed she crickets one day the super worms the next. I’m also her 3rd owner and also will be her last (once a pet is mine it’s mine). the uvb bulb they gave me for her was actually burned out. the Second owner had her for 2 months b4 deciding they didn’t know what they were doing.

if there is red coming from the eye, inspect the outer layer of her skin for any sign they peeled the shed off her or possibly nicked her, if the wound is not on the outside then it might be from inside the turret itself but I doubt that is it, bring up the red ti the vet and make sure that the vet knows every problem you've mentioned
I will be calling a vet today to schedule something for her. The redness at was seen was inside the eye. It was almost like while rolling her eye around it got stuck. That’s the best way I can describe what happened

Back
Top Bottom