Transbald Veiled - Reptiles Magazine

JimNPHX

I just got the April issue a couple of days ago. The Breeders Choice of the month is a Transbald veiled from Amazing Blue Reptiles. This is one very cool Veiled!

I went to the magazine website to try and grab a pic but they do not have this new issue up yet. So . . . I went to Amazing Blue and they have another pic of one:
http://amazingbluereptiles.com/index.html

Although the pic in the mag really shows of the color (or lack of) better. I do not think it is the same chameleon.

Amazing Blue Reptiles, if you are reading this, you have one very cool looking cham! :cool:

Jim

Transluscent

Hello All,
Although both of these breeders produce some awesome animals it is my OPINION that Mike@Flchams has the nicer Transluscent. I love how the Veileds are just a green and Transluscent. Im not to fond of the black mixed in on the Translusclents produced by Amazing Blue. Again just my OPINION. Both Amazing Blue and Flchams are just all around amazing breeders.:)

I agree with Lost Lake Chams and Chams By design. Have you seen his breeder Gator and Frost?!?!?!?!?! They are awesome!!!!!!!!

You can see pictures at Mike's site.
It would be cool to see some others though Mike ... if you have them.
I know this morph is fairly controversial, but I kind of like the way they look.

-Brad

I think for the most part my point was missed.

First: I think Mike at Flchams is an awesome guy and I have purchased 3 chams from him. I was not trying to promote Amazing Blue

Second: The Veiled I was referring to is considered a transbald not a translucent. According to the breeder there is a difference so let's not compare apples to oranges. If you disagree with the breeder start another thread or contact them yourself.

Third: I like the black markings on this chameleon because it gives a striking contrast to the normal greens on a veiled.

Fourth: If you don't like the transbald, start another thread and leave mine alone.

Thx

Jim

Second: The Veiled I was referring to is considered a transbald not a translucent. According to the breeder there is a difference so let's not compare apples to oranges. If you disagree with the breeder start another thread or contact them yourself.

Thx

Jim

Jim,

I've not seen the Reptiles Issue you're talking about but the translucents and the transbalds are the same thing. The Nozaki's simply combined the name pie bald and translucent to coin the name they use for them. The animal's both Mike and the Nozaki's are working with came from the same person who brought them to Daytona a couple years ago. They are a very interesting morph and both Mike and the Nozaki's are great people and breeders.

Chris

Jim,

I've not seen the Reptiles Issue you're talking about but the translucents and the transbalds are the same thing. The Nozaki's simply combined the name pie bald and translucent to coin the name they use for them. The animal's both Mike and the Nozaki's are working with came from the same person who brought them to Daytona a couple years ago. They are a very interesting morph and both Mike and the Nozaki's are great people and breeders.

Chris

ZZZzzz... but agreed... they ARE the SAME thing.

Three wild caught veileds came into Europe exhibiting this trait and it was bred out to other bloodlines. Its been available in Europe for quite a few years now.

Chris

Jim,

Chris

Thanks for the clarification Chris. I like replies that provide an explanation.

Amazing Blue explained why they call them a different morph than translucent but I did not know they came from the same breeder like Mike's. The pic in the magazine and the ones on Mike's website really look different, which lead me to believe they were different, hence my post.

Jim

You also have to realize that the trait you're seeing expressed is probably random in the amount of white or "translucent-ness" you see. This is similar to a Pied Ball Python. So, having one animal be more white than another means nothing. It would be interesting to see what happens when you breed one of these animals to a normal and see if it is a het or dominant gene or just consistantly expressed. I'm pretty much willing to bet you aren't going to see a super form of this "morph" though but should be pretty fun to go through the motions and find out. Good luck with the breedings.

On a side note, it is ok to throw props to the Nozakis. They are afterall one of the longest termed, most experienced and reputable breeders there are in the business. Russ Case goes to them for Cham information for a reason - they know what they're talking about.

Hey,
my male veiled may have this trait to some extent....he's had a white head from an early age, he's 8 months old now, maybe i've got some crazy morph! lol and here's everybody is thinking he only needed a head shed, he's just shed the other day AGAIN and his head is still white!
Cheers
Scott

Back
Top Bottom