Trading at reptile expos?

Blink82x

I’m curious to know, would it be appropriate or acceptable to bring a reptile with you to an expo in hopes to trade. I have a duplicate of an animal and I was thinking of trading it. Thank you for your responses

Every expo 8ve ever been to does not let you simply walk in with animals. Some of them will let you if you have an agreement with a vendor. Best thing to do if you don't personally know any vendors is to find the list of vendors at the show and contact them

Every reptile show I've been to has had plenty of snakes & lizards draped over peoples' shoulders, etc. as they walk around. I've engaged them, and while some are reptiles purchased at the show, others have been brought in for various reasons.

That said, I would not bring an animal into a show/expo. I would think one would want to vet the breeders/vendors whether you're buying, selling, or trading—ahead of doing a deal.

I would approach prospects, engage them in conversation about possibilities, and set something up later (or by phone/email) in a more... relaxed atmosphere, where clearer heads can prevail over emotions. Besides, IDT most vendors are there to acquire/trade; for the majority, this is their business, and they're there to make money (sell).

Alternatively, if the show has a website, they usually have a vendors list. You could try contacting vendors ahead of the show to arrange an appt. around the show (but not necessarily at the show).

Every reptile show I've been to has had plenty of snakes & lizards draped over peoples' shoulders, etc. as they walk around. I've engaged them, and while some are reptiles purchased at the show, others have been brought in for various reasons.

That said, I would not bring an animal into a show/expo. I would think one would want to vet the breeders/vendors whether you're buying, selling, or trading—ahead of doing a deal.

I would approach prospects, engage them in conversation about possibilities, and set something up later (or by phone/email) in a more... relaxed atmosphere, where clearer heads can prevail over emotions. Besides, IDT most vendors are there to acquire/trade; for the majority, this is their business, and they're there to make money (sell).

Alternatively, if the show has a website, they usually have a vendors list. You could try contacting vendors ahead of the show to arrange an appt. around the show (but not necessarily at the show).
Very detailed answer and I am very appreciative of the info and the time you took to share this

Very detailed answer and I am very appreciative of the info and the time you took to share this
Arnold Schwarzenegger No Prob GIF

Sorry I didn't notice yesterday, but welcome to the forum.

I have a duplicate of an animal and I was thinking of trading it. Thank you for your responses
Is there a herpetological society near you? I would think that might be another good place to network for trades.

I'm sure enquiring minds here are dying to know what species you have to trade, and what you're looking for. :unsure:

Arnold Schwarzenegger No Prob GIF

Sorry I didn't notice yesterday, but welcome to the forum.

Is there a herpetological society near you? I would think that might be another good place to network for trades.

I'm sure enquiring minds here are dying to know what species you have to trade, and what you're looking for. :unsure:
I haven’t heard of a group before. I’ll have to take a look. I got female arctic axanthic het. albino hognose. To trade probably another hognose or snake rack

Back
Top Bottom