Trade Offer

Turner1986

Established Member
I have a bunch of baby Nosy Be/Ambilobe panther chameleons. Someone offered me a 3ft super pastel vanilla ball python for a male cham baby. I've always wanted a snake but im not sure if its a good deal. Does anyone know if its a good deal?

I found a couple around 250-300 but make sure he is reputable breeder of balls cause they can tell u one thing but send u another there so many people doing morphs and lying about what your getting and if there not trusted or reputable I wouldn't trade

My girls friends got a three year old recently and were told it was a pastel fire with another in it but I saw her and I'd say a normal with have u can buy for 20 bucks so I find people take advantage of new buyers so be careful

I only buy from reputable breeders when it comes to bps and I would only get one they breed there selfs so u no exactly what your getting

Check out the guy on Fauna Classifieds Board of Inquiry, too. There might be some info there.

I'm of no help in the snake world, but I would say don't be attracted/suckered in by the rarity of the supposed morph. 1) Is she healthy, 2) is she pretty, 3) what's her temperament, and 4) is the trade of a bp "worth" one of your chams are the big questions for you.

For the worth, dollar amount of something to consider but there are intangible value propositions also that you have to evaluate on a personal level. If you would only do this trade because of the dollar value of the particular morph, and you can't find any info on this guy online, ask for references. There are a lot of shady characters in the reptile world and I see trades that go bad all the time in there BOI.

Food for thought. Pythons can live up to 30 years. Are you willing to commit to that?

There great pets tho I have a lesser she's gorgeous here's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 201
Heres a pic of the snake he wants to trade. It's the larger one. He said its super tame. Said its 2 1/2 - 3 ft.

Attachments

• 1453116143560.jpg
    1453116143560.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 199
@Turner1986-

Is this a local guy? If he is, I would look him over for respiratory issues, cuts, burns, etc. From your picture, I would say that is a super pastel vanilla. How much do you have your babies listed for? Usually you have to wait to get what actual retail value is for "lower end" stuff (I am not saying that to discourage the trade, but it's not a highway worth 1500), but you could list it for either what you have the baby chameleon for, or a little more to make some extra money.

Oh, if he is local I would bring him to a reptile shop if you have one and have it probed, just to be sure.

Chase

Ya its a local guy. I have a male/female pair listed for $150, which is what im trading for the snake. Hes giving me the snake, a tank, under tank heat pad, water dish, and decorations for the tank for the chameleon pair.

Im keeping the snake, not reselling it.

If the snake is healthy and it's for u and your getting all that than yes do it he looks beautiful you will love ball pythons we love ours

Ya its a local guy. I have a male/female pair listed for $150, which is what im trading for the snake. Hes giving me the snake, a tank, under tank heat pad, water dish, and decorations for the tank for the chameleon pair.

Im keeping the snake, not reselling it.

If the snake is healthy (check a bp website for signs of health problems and handle it for yourself), you happen to like its markings, and the exact morph won't matter to you (not intending to breed it) this doesn't sound like a bad deal. Nice looking snake IMHO! I've had one bp for many years, and though its a very easy animal to keep it isn't the most interesting. They won't take the daily attention your chams do.

I got the snake today, she looks awesome. Its been awhile since I owned a bp. The crazy part is the guy that came and traded me the snake is the guy that I sold my orignal chameleons to over a year ago. So now he has the mom, dad, and three babies. It's a small world lol

Back
Top Bottom