Tr. cristatus F2-eggs

Joery

On xmas-day i found these eggs (clutch of 11 eggs) burried 20cm (7-8 inch) below the surface by my 13 months old captive hatched (F1) female (she measures around 20cm):

4216823418_383e5bfd65_o.jpg

According to their shape and color i would guess they seem fertile.
The father is also a CH (F1) specimen of approximately the same age and is still a few cm smaller than the female. I'm currently keeping them in groups of 1.2 (13months old), 0.2 (13 months old) and one 5month old male (seperate).

best regards

Joery

Congrats Joery!! i know keeping T. cristatus is a little different from other chams.. can you describe us how do you keep them?? also photos of cages and adults will be glad!!

Congrats!!

Did you hatch out your F1s? If so, do you recall how long the incubation was?

Drew

I did not hatch out the F1's myself, but they come from a friend and I know exactly how he hatched them. He put the eggs on room temperature (18-21°C) in slightly moist vermiculite and it took 9 months to hatch.

Is that 20cm with the tail or without? Do you think that is the adult size?

20cm with the tail, and i don't think it is the full grown size, although i don't expect them to become 28cm as described in the Necas book, maybe when they are 4-5 years old they can become this big but it seems all my females (4) have slowed down their growth rate during the last 2-3 months and stabilized their size.

Congrats Joery!! i know keeping T. cristatus is a little different from other chams.. can you describe us how do you keep them?? also photos of cages and adults will be glad!!

You can see pictures of their development during the last year in this topic and how i keep them:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/chamaeleo-tr-cristatus-22513/

best regards

Joery

Back
Top Bottom