Totem pole eating

Clamorous

Hello,
I had a question. My new male ambilobe went for a bsfl fly. Got it an had mouth full of this center piece. I use this tall pothos for the 4 foot tall zoomed enclosure. Just explain an my concern is impaction. It's like a hay they use to make totem poles. Could he pass it? He eat his 16 crickets afterwards. His basking temps are 85f an using the uvb 6%. His humidity needs are on point but still adjusting. Mostly just concerned on this issue with hay or whatever it's made of. Tried get it out of his mouth. But just promote him to swallow it more. He's on quick side my other males aren't as fast.

Attachments

• F6E37146-2F65-4FB0-838A-A7B57CA2647C.jpeg
    F6E37146-2F65-4FB0-838A-A7B57CA2647C.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 45
I've seen the moss from vines meant for frogs cause an impaction. More than just one bite was ingested in that case. I would watch his bowel movements closely and consider removing the totem pole and replacing it with something more substantial.
I only use wood for branches. Heard bamboo sticks Irritate there skin. An have particles of glass in them. Always like a second opinion. Facebook group advice seems squashy. I’ll keep a eye on him. Seems to be doing his usual today. Sitting under the uvb. Don’t see them bask much. But indoor temps are 80f no AC. So I keep lamps on lowest dimming. Have figure out how I can remove the totem pole an maybe use a pvc pipe. Don’t really need cover a end. Don’t think he can get stuck in the pipe. It’s quarter size pvc pipe.

Back
Top Bottom