Took my ficus tree out of Eustis cage and his cage is not doing well!

Lindasjackson

Chameleon Enthusiast
I need to treat his ficus tree for white flies so I took it out and put the mass cane tree back in after shortening it. I put his lower branches back in and tried to close the cage and screws are not in place and are stripped, not from what I did, it came this way, and it’s just falling apart! There’s a huge gap between the door frame and the door if you know what I mean. This is an XL reptibreeze that I bought directly from pet cos website when they had that big sale last year. It came damaged but I thought I could make it work. Well they gave me back a huge amount of my money for the inconvenience because they didn’t have another to send me. It really needs to be replaced! I’m going to have to start looking for another enclosure for him!😩

today I treated my ficus tree. I watched a lot of videos and looked up online how to get rid of white flies. I mixed up a gallon jug of water, a couple tbsp dawn dish soap and a couple tbsp vegetable oil and mixed it well then sprayed it on all the undersides of leaves as well as the tops of the leaves. They say the oil suffocates them. One person recommended need oil but said you can use vegetable oil instead. I don’t think vegetable oil can harm my Cham when all said and done and the tree has been rinsed well. Or can it? If anyone knows please let me know.

I have a Jackson’s and they don’t eat their plants. I do plan on a final just dawn dish soap and water rinse after I’ve treated it for 2-3 weeks. That should take the vegetable oil off. I’m really at my wits end with these white flies. They completely killed my first ficus tree and I’m bound and determined they won’t kill this one!

I have a Jackson’s and they don’t eat their plants. I do plan on a final just dawn dish soap and water rinse after I’ve treated it for 2-3 weeks. That should take the vegetable oil off. I’m really at my wits end with these white flies. They completely killed my first ficus tree and I’m bound and determined they won’t kill this one!
Very true you have that on your side. The dawn should help remove the residual oil.

This is why I avoid certain plants... Ficus and umbrella plants have always brought me issues. Seems as though every single time I bought one they were infested with something. lol.

Went to Wal Mart today and they had a couple money trees that were close to 3 foot tall so I bought one. Much cheaper than my ficus that was 65.00 at the nursery! This money tree was only 24.97! I also bought a pothos in a hanging pot and I washed them really well and put them in Eustis cage with the other plants and the mass cane tree. Gives him a little more cover. He really prefers a lot of foliage he can hide in and when I took the ficus out he was at a loss! He was just constantly walking along his branches like he didn’t know what to do so I hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom