Took my chameleon outside

Sanababit

Hello all, my panther chameleon, his name is Elvis, btw, is around 5 months old, and today i left him outside on ficcus tree i bought some days ago, he turned really dark, looks like it is basking and taking in the sun, i am planning on doing this daily, or just taking the cage outside and leave it there, at night it gets down to 65, so i am not really worried there, i am taking advantage of the last nice days before fall- winter rolls in

Sana

It was probably a bit overwhelming if it was his first time out. He will start to relax and enjoy himself. If he has a plant to hide in, that should make it easier on him. My cham was the same way - hated it at first, but now he loves outdoor time. Airplanes make him nervous though. I am always amazed at his vision!

On a related note, never leave him or in just a tree. Its too easy for a chameleon to get killed by a predatory bird, injured by a bird, or for them to just disappear. We see it all the time here : "but I only left him for a minute and he's never climbed down before". Unfortunately, most of those chams are never found again.

If you have an outdoor cage, that would be much more secure. Make sure it can't blow over or be knocked over by a cat or raccoon.

Back
Top Bottom