Too Skinny???

vgaines

I was talking to Rebel today (yes I know he can't hear me but I still talk to him every day) after he ate. To me he looks a little skinny. The base of his tail is small and I can see some of the bone and I can also see rib bones. I know he is well hydrated because I see him drink every day and his urates are nice and bright white.

I am currently out of worms (will be ordering silks and dubia roaches soon) so he has been getting dusted, well gut loaded crickets every day. I am not sure of his age so I feed him every day. My question is would it be better to move him up to medium size crickets or still feed him the small. He is cup fed and I watch him eat so I know he is eating every day. I would post pictures if I could get close enough to take them but Rebel hates my phone. lol

Ps I mist him 2-3 times a day and have a dripper going all day long... I use calcium with NO D3 everyday, Calcium with D3 twice a month and multiVitamin twice a month. My crickets are gut loaded with bug burger (dry) and fresh fruits and greens.

I hope I posted in the right place. Thanks for any input..

I'll try to gets close up tomorrow after work. He is asleep now and I leave for work at 6 am. I did post a close up of his side on the general photography section labeled blue spots. Not sure it will help tho. I have no idea of his weight. My food scale doesn't go low enough to weigh him.

He looks healthy. Is he about 5 months?

I'm not sure. Place where I got him was unsure of his age. They said he was under a year old. I measured him a few weeks ago and he was aprox. 5" head to vent...

He is very active and loves to come out of his cage and hang out on a large ficus tree. He likes to be misted. When I mist he comes over to stand under the spray. He does clean his eyes a lot when the misting is over, which use to worry me.

Back
Top Bottom