Too much ?

wprazak

Is this too much for Jackson’s

Attachments

• C37E296D-F5BE-4C64-9A3C-5481A4C2BA81.jpeg
    C37E296D-F5BE-4C64-9A3C-5481A4C2BA81.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 80
Not at all. There's never such thing as "too much" foliage for chams, unless it's too the point that it's so thick they can't climb around. I would actually suggest MORE foliage around the bottom half of the enclosure. Even though your cham won't spend a ton of time lower down, it will provide cover for them should they want access to a cooler/lower portion of the cage.

That being said, are those pots on the bottom going to grow into large plants? That would help with what I just said. That being said, I would personally just buy potted plants that were already bigger.

Yes they are but they are dying from watering too much. I water a lot fearful my Cham isn’t hydrated. I also have a shade dweller m, a compact t5 and a halogen heat lamp. Two drippers, misting system and fogger. I’m worried it’s not perfect enough for her

Your doing great, looks really good! I agreee with @cordonwade

Why dont you get some pothos or wandering jew in there? You can always take the plants out when his mister is on if your around enough to do that? Idk Jacksons well but Tbh I think your good, I know he who can not be named says Chams dont drink... they get all their water from the heavy fog in the very early AM which is why we blast our foggers then 😄

I know he who can not be named says Chams dont drink...
Then somebody forgot to tell He Who Has Not Been Named about that; he drinks whenever the spirit moves him.

If that's a cactus in the lower left corner, I'd remove it—in general (some possible exceptions), succulents aren't compatible with chameleon habitats.

I'm not crazy about all the artificial plants, but IIRC, that's been covered.

Is it too much water that's killing the plants, or not enough full-spectrum light? (It looks dark to me, but that may just be the pic.)
Is there sufficient drainage? Some plants need to dry out almost completely between waterings; this is only one reason why plant choices have to be considered carefully and set up to survive—just as the enclosure has to be set up for the chameleon to survive. ;)

Last edited:
Then somebody forgot to tell He Who Has Not Been Named about that; he drinks whenever the spirit moves him.

If that's a cactus in the lower left corner, I'd remove it—in general (some possible exceptions), succulents aren't compatible with chameleon habitats.

I'm not crazy about all the artificial plants, but IIRC, that's been covered.

Is it too much water that's killing the plants, or not enough full-spectrum light? (It looks dark to me, but that may just be the pic.)
Is there sufficient drainage? Some plants need to dry out almost completely between waterings; this is only one reason why plant choices have to be considered carefully and set up to survive—just as the enclosure has to be set up for the chameleon to survive. ;)
No cactus. I have a uva uvb heat lamp. A shade dweller as well as a T8 5.0 20” uvb. Then a led grow light. I have a drain pan that drains into a bucket and I dry up most water daily.

Back
Top Bottom