Too much reptivite?

ttaylor

I recently picked up the rep-cal calcium without d3, with d3, and reptivite multi-vitamin. I've only had it for less than a month, so I have only given my senegal one dusting of WITH d3 calcium, and have been dusting WITHOUT d3 and reptivite 50/50 mix pretty much every feeding. I went with the 50/50 mix because this is what the container said to do. Of course, it is not application specific, I guess.

It seems to be that I should only be doing the reptivite multi-vitamin about as often as I do the D3 calcium (about once/twice a month)? At least, this seems to be the gist of what I keep reading. I have been feeding superworms, and they come in a container, in what looks alot like sawdust. I imagine this contains what they eat, so I'm guessing it's not much of a gutload. I want to get more of a variety and better gutloading in the future, but it's all still a learning curve.

Yes-you only want to use the multivite and the D3 calcium one-two times monthly depending on the age and species of your cham. Superworms are easy to gutload, I keep mine in oats, which they eat, but you can just throw in some pieces of carrots, sweet potatoes, apples, dark leafy greens, etc, and the Supers will chow down.

I'm just curious, why is it that you only want to do it once a month or so? I understand about the D3, hopefully the UVB light is helping them make most on their own... how about the multivitamin? Is it that if you are properly gutloading, hopefully you don't need it? Just occasionally to be sure?

I'm just curious, why is it that you only want to do it once a month or so? I understand about the D3, hopefully the UVB light is helping them make most on their own... how about the multivitamin? Is it that if you are properly gutloading, hopefully you don't need it? Just occasionally to be sure?

You have it exactly right. You want to go for nutrition first, and then use the supplement to back up whatever might be missing. It is so far from an exact science-we all just hope it is working!

Ok, so I guess that's why they suggest the vitamin with the calcium sup. 50/50. Not to be a paranoid consumer, but of course they want you to use the stuff. I guess it's kinda like me taking a multivitamin with my Mcdonalds hamburger every day, eh? If you are gutloading properly, hopefully there isn't as much of a need, like eating lots of fruits and veggies a day.

Just watch, my chame will be eating better than me soon! haha

Back
Top Bottom