Too much plants in a Pygmy enclosure?

Dunnigan

Firstly, I will have pictures tomorow. when i finish putting plants in my cage. :)

Is there such thing as too much plants for a pygmy enclosure? I have a 29g tank and in there i have 1 "large" pathos, 3 groupings of clippings (each grouping has 3 or 4 stems)that have been well rooted, and 3 dracenia. along with a fake vine, real leaves and real branches.

The little guys, when i get them, will still hvae access to the ground if they choose to.

ive never heard of a cage having to many plants but i really think it depends on the eyes of the beholder if you think it has to many than you can take some out but there should be a lot of coverage in the tank.

Well it wasent exactly tomorrow but here they are!

Tell me what you think. I should be getting my guys on friday

With out flash

DSC00367.jpg

With flash

DSC00366.jpg

Looks good, but do you have drainage layers under your substrate? You want somewhere for the water to go so you don't end up with root rot, fungus gnats, and a general soupy mess. Also, some leaf litter might be nice; remember, pygs live at the bottom of more woodsy forests rather than the concept of a dart frog tank, which is a mossy lush rainforest. You can gather up leaf litter outside and bake it in the oven at 250 degrees for an hour or so (be careful it doesn't burn) to sterilize it.

there are some leaves in there, not to many tho, And yes i hvae drainage layers, hydroton and charcoal.

Back
Top Bottom