Tongue swallowing

She ate her first butterworm today without a tongue! I tried feeding her yesterday but she wasn't in the mood to deal with me, so I didn't force her. But today I offered her another one and she went for it, although she was innitially dissapointed because it took her 2 attempts before she managed to grab it with her teeth. I don't think she's figured out chewing yet, which is why I'm starting with small soft worms, but I think she might figure it out soon. Can she chew? I don't even know if you can without a tongue, but lets see if she does.

I think she's still very bewildered by the whole situation, poor thing, which is understandable. A lot of my friends told me to put her down but I'm sure she can learn to live comfortably again. Or at the very least I'm going to give her that chance, even if it takes a lot of time and patience. But so far so good!

She can still chew though it might be a little less thorough, just dont let her gorge herself.
Its awesome news shes on the road to regaining vitality and eating, Great work! Really happy for you both,
best wishes :)

Thank you

I was watching my chameleon eat and it was going for a long shot and missed and swallowed its tongue I saw your post and pulled her tongue out with a q-tip I broke the fluffy part off... Thank you sooo much this post helped alot.

my Mortimer does this occasionally. He shoots for food usually gets about 2-3 successfully and then chokes on his tongue. He is always able to bring it up himself, but he throws up his food in the process. So now I offer his food with tweezers really close to him, and he runs down and bites them right off the tweezers. I have never cup fed him, and I have worked with Xanthoman to ensure his supplements are right. I got him end or October and he was like this when I brought him home.

Back
Top Bottom