Tongue problem

Codycams

Hi ! So I just got my four-month-old panther chameleon from kammerflage kreations this morning ! He looked a little skinny so I gave him two hours to adjust to his new home and bask before I put crickets in for him . I noticed every time he would try to shoot a cricket his tongue would only come out maybe an inch veering hard to the right . He gaped and I had a good chance to look inside, looked healthy no signs of injury or infection, nor does he act deficient, good feeding response . Just wanted to post a video and see if anybody could help me out a little thank you ! https://www.dropbox.com/s/2aueg6gnme2z5dk/Video Mar 21, 3 24 59 PM.mov?dl=0

Well I am new to chams as well but that definitely does not look right. I'm sure some more experienced people will give you there thoughts on this

There seems to be a drop in expertise at CF. Used to be a lot more folks well versed in the husbandry here. Hopefully your little cham-p is doing better!

I would suggest if the issue it still happening to contact the seller and get some advice as they should know this little guy quite well. Hopefully its nothing serious. It may also be wise to fill this out so we can get some more info about your chameleon:

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

I would definitely contact Kammerflage if you haven't already. They are wonderful people and have been around for a long time. I am sure they were not aware of this when they shipped him. Their animals are always of high quality.

Back
Top Bottom