Tongue not extending on my 5 year old Veiled Chameleon

HandBag

My veiled chameleon has recently been to the vet for not eating. The vet put him on Emerald IC and he started eating again and seemingly back to normal. His blood work came back normal and there is no sign of MBD.

I've noticed today that he cannot seem to extend his tongue like he used to, and he's missing his prey. What could be causing this? I've been worried about him the last two weeks and we've had several visits to the vet...

Any advise much appreciated!

Some things that cause tongue trouble are: vitamin deficiency or imbalance, dehydration, eye problems so they can't triangulate their prey and mechanical injury. These can be temporary or permanent. Sorry to be so vague. Some older chameleons end up needing to be hand fed.

Some things that cause tongue trouble are: vitamin deficiency or imbalance, dehydration, eye problems so they can't triangulate their prey and mechanical injury. These can be temporary or permanent. Sorry to be so vague. Some older chameleons end up needing to be hand fed.
Hey thanks... HandBag will be going to the vet tomorrow.... I'm so heartbroken. He's been a good soul for 5 years and has never had this problem....I'm so in love with this boy and he seems like he's suffering...grip still good, poop still good....

Back
Top Bottom