tongue issue? Majesty palm?

gwjones777

Current Problem - tongue not as strong/accurate at grabbing feeders and im wondering if it could be related to grumpy eating his majesty palm? When he eats it he has a lot of trouble biting off a piece , it takes him 2-3 minutes to rip off a bite and im wondering if that could hurt his tongue? It's all of a sudden happened so from what i've read i would think it's not related to vitamins, but he also seems less accurate when aiming? His tongue also releases slower.

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Veiled Male one year old this month. Bought him from a member on this forum just over a month ago.
Handling - I have handled him twice since i've got him
Feeding - 7-8 large crickets and one or two superworms every mon weds friday. Gutloading with squash/collard greens/ blueberries/carrot/ mustard green wet mix and a dry mix i put together.
Supplements - Calcium Monday and Friday, calcium with d3 every other weds. plan to use multivitamin when it comes in the mail once a month.
Watering - spray 2-3 times a day with warm water, and use a solo cup as a dripper which i never see him use. he does drink alot when i mist.
Fecal Description - Not tested for parasites, urate is 90%white with a very small amount of brown. feces are solid.
History -

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 2X2X4 LLL screen cage
Lighting - 7-7 light schedule, incandecent and repti-sun 5.0
temperature - 87-92 basking spot, get into 60's at night- measured with digital probe.
Humidity - 30-75 humidity depending on if recently misted or not
Plants - umbrella tree/ majesty palm
Placement - on stand in low trafic area
Location - okc oklahoma

some older Pictures are in previous threads

if you haven't been using vitimans, that could be the problem, or you mean you used a whole jar of vits in a month :eek: if its just the vitiman thing, he might be lacking vitman A which can mess with their tongues. try cup feeding him, so he doesnt have to stretch hos tongue too bad. after my old guy got sick last winter, his tongue doesnt work too well no more, so he cant hunt. so i just keep cup feeding the picky eater. either way get him to a vet if you can. there's also the chance he hurt his tongue

Back
Top Bottom