Tokays

Besides the chams and the pair of day geckos, who are all in enclosures, there is a breeding pair of green eyed geckos, a few golden geckos, some red eyed tree frogs, and pair of tokays—all free range.

Besides the chams and the pair of day geckos, who are all in enclosures, there is a breeding pair of green eyed geckos, a few golden geckos, some red eyed tree frogs, and pair of tokays—all free range.
awesome! That is my goal one day... I'd love to get a large green house with various animals in it (geckos, frogs, fish, maybe cham). I'd love to get a Parson's one day and put it in there... but I think I would be too paranoid about controlling the temps, as well as potentially losing one due to broken glass. Is your greenhouse poly or glass sided? Do you have a UVB panel?

The greenhouse is an inflated double poly walled tunnel. 24x12. Gas heater. I have to use bulbs for the chams as the plastic blocks 98% of the uvb. We’re expanding next year to make room for a pair of parsons, add a cooler room, and do a veggie garden just for gutload ingredients.

lol, that's what you want. For your tokay to latch onto your nose.

The greenhouse is an inflated double poly walled tunnel. 24x12. Gas heater. I have to use bulbs for the chams as the plastic blocks 98% of the uvb. We’re expanding next year to make room for a pair of parsons, add a cooler room, and do a veggie garden just for gutload ingredients.

Nice! Does everyone freerange or cages in the greenhouse?

all Chams and the two day geckos have their own enclosures: the chams’ are 3X4x5, the day geckos just have shi$&y reptibreezes. Everyone else is free range, mostly to keep bugs and escapees under control.

all Chams and the two day geckos have their own enclosures: the chams’ are 3X4x5, the day geckos just have shi$&y reptibreezes. Everyone else is free range, mostly to keep bugs and escapees under control.

Sorry, just realized you explained that in an earlier post !

Well, the free rangers include green eyed geckos, which are basically tokays, in size and attitude. The goldens And the frogs are smaller, but I haven’t lost even my little tree frogs to the green eyeds, so I’m guessing the tokays won’t bug them either. There really is a huge number of native bugs in the greenhouse. The last time I saw a green eyed, she was fat.

Wow you’re in Canada!! Ok - next summer you can fully expect me to blow your PM up with greenhouse questions. We bought a super tiny 4x6 for just the outside plants, and regulating that is a PITA in Maryland! Ill need to dial that in before moving up to a big one next year (hopefully)!

6A4797F4-AED0-41DE-A347-63A1E2AA4857.jpeg

It is double wall polycarb? How is it heated? We should probably continue this convo in private messages.

It is double wall polycarb? How is it heated? We should probably continue this convo in private messages.

This little guy isnt too fancy. I insulated it since and use a small oil heater... but I think Ive convinced my husband into a bigger one next year! I will certainly pm with my million questions :)

Back
Top Bottom