To much foliage?

Stanly

due to over watering/ poor drainage my ficus started to lose to many leafs, so I took it out and added a 2nd schefflera, but it's much denser than my ficus or my other schefflera. So my question is does it seem to dense (can it be?) ?

He still has a place to bask and the front isn't as dense (now and even before he hangs out near the front mostly, but sleeps in the back.) I've seen him in the new tree so I know he can crawl in it but like I said he rarely hung out in the back before, and still doesn't.

Max's cage. by Ramzee82

So how's it look? Ok or to much?

Ok thanks I just didn't want him to "cramped". I hand feed him most of his food so that's not a issue, it pushed his basking spot higher but I just moved his lamp higher till it got the right temps (and I've seen him bask since so that seems ok)

thanks again for the reply and any input anyone else has is welcome as well.

When I went to a more dense plant for my chams, the results were great. More cover to reduce stress and more leaves to hold water droplets. I keep my cages full with dense plants, except their basking rods which are slightly higher than a majority of the plants. There is still a branch/leaves up high though so they don't feel totally exposed when basking. They look better and seem happier now.:)

I added a large schlifflera to my enclosure. I pruned it to thin it out a bit. My cham seems to love it, he is in and out of it all the time hunting. The only negative is that he blends in it so well I actually have to look for him.

I added a large schlifflera to my enclosure. I pruned it to thin it out a bit. My cham seems to love it, he is in and out of it all the time hunting. The only negative is that he blends in it so well I actually have to look for him.

Good idea, if it bothers you, you can thin out the leaves a little by pruning. It would give him more room to manuever in the interior of the plant.

Back
Top Bottom