Tips on handling my Veiled

No bright coloured cloths. No glasses as they can reflect back at your cham. Move very very slowly and be very very patient. I used to place a wax worm in the palm of my hand the first few time. He would eventually eat it, after it had rolled off many times. But now hes fine, loves human interaction and is always exploring my living room.

When my male was young I would just hang out by the cage and let him get used to me, I tried hand feeding and just placing my hand in his cage for him to see. He usually walked wide circles around it but eventually moving my hand closer he was okay and finally came out! Even now he will come out (even if he's grumpy.) He's got a strong bite, always left a mark but never drew blood. Just be patient and be slow with him :)

my cham is a 2 months old male and is shy im getting him used to having the door open when im in my room and im having trouble keeping humidity up i have a monsoon set to one minute every hour and it stays at about 50% humidity. any tips?

High rate of juvenile delinquency in Veiled's.

Have you tried putting him on Prozac? ;).

I have 6 veiled's and my large male veiled, Osama. As the name implies he was a juvenile delinquent and now is a full grown terrorist.

hydration issues

my cham is a 2 months old male and is shy im getting him used to having the door open when im in my room and im having trouble keeping humidity up i have a monsoon set to one minute every hour and it stays at about 50% humidity. any tips?

I use a hydrometer about a few inches from the bottom of the cage, and soak the special chameleon wood chips in water (water for chameleons) before i put them in the cage. plus i hand mist the cage every day. i never have an issue with hydration.

Yea, I have had pablo like 3 months now,and I'm sure he is use to me. I do everything I'm saposta do, like move slowly, hand feed him, leave the cage open, never have loud noises, or any other people or pets disturbing him, avoid bright colors, everything. and he just does not want too much human interaction. he lets me take him out with some coaxing, but he can

*can't wait to get back in his cage... I think I just got a jerk chameleon... lol jk... i love him anyways, he is still my baby :)

Back
Top Bottom