Tips for keeping Umbrella plants

Bernie

Hello fellow Chammers.

I recently added an Umbrella plant to each of my cages and over the weeks they have began to lose the odd branch and leaves. This seems to be my Chams knocking them off whilst moving around.

Can anyone advise the best way to keep these plants as healthy as possible and maintain growth before they end up bare!?

Thanks.

:)

Have multiple plants and switch them out at least once a month so they can dry out a little.

A grow light (6500k), and good drainage has worked out well for me. I re-pot/plant all my plants in abg mix (from joshs frogs) with about an inch of pebbles at the bottom. Also drilling holes in the bottom of the pot.

Are you using a plant bulb in addition to your Uvb bulb? I use a 6500k flourescent in addition to my 5.0 uvb bulb. It helps alot to keep the plants healthy. I also rotate my plants outside about every 6 mos. That gives your plants a few months to recover and grow new limbs after taking the abuse of being in a caged enviroment.

Are you using a plant bulb in addition to your Uvb bulb? I use a 6500k flourescent in addition to my 5.0 uvb bulb. It helps alot to keep the plants healthy. I also rotate my plants outside about every 6 mos. That gives your plants a few months to recover and grow new limbs after taking the abuse of being in a caged enviroment.

This is the best you can do ^^

I switch mine out every 2 months or so, just because I have many different plants. But the best thing to have is an additional bulb because it'll help the plants grow better. Mine never loose leaves or anything.

Does anyone ever have issues with an extra grow light for the plants causing discomfort for the chameleons? Or is overexposure to uv not a problem with a uvb bulb and a plant bulb?

Back
Top Bottom