Tiny veiled chameleons

I really hope for the best for they little guys and you know what your are doing so we all know they are in excellet hands. Its sad to here the little one went to chameleon heaven, but I really think the others will make it. Good luck.
Roberto

I am guessing you mean Fluker's Repta-Aid? That is what I was going to suggest. You can make it thick, thin, etc. I don't think it would take much to turn the little one around if you can get her(?) to eat it. I have used it on both Luna and Darwin and they really like the taste so will usually continue to lick it. With your cham experience you likely know about it and may even have it in your chameleon emergency kit ;) I always keep it on hand now. Most all chain pet stores carry it or you can order it directly from flukers Repta-Aid
I agree with Brad and am sending you good cham karma :D

Thanks, lele. :eek: I do have some on hand, and it goes in with a mix of some organic baby food and electrolites. The two that will willingly eat it seem to like it. I love that stuff.. it has been a part of my emergency kit since it was first recommended to me.

Thanks, I need all the good cham karma I can get!

where did you buy the veileds from? i think the 3 you have left are gonna make it.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.. I am doing everything I can think of to save them. I am also pretty lucky to have a very enthusiastic vet who has cared for my animals for many years, and a group of people on this forum who have been very helpful.

I am not ready to disclose who I purchased the animals from. I do believe that a portion of this was inexperience, and I am hopeful that the seller will step up and take some responsibility. If I do have to discuss this transaction in its entirety, I will do it on the BOI.

rcagosto said:
I really hope for the best for they little guys and you know what your are doing so we all know they are in excellet hands. Its sad to here the little one went to chameleon heaven, but I really think the others will make it. Good luck.

Thank you, I am hopeful the other three will survive.

Hi, thanks for asking. I lost two of the four sick chameleons. The two remaining that were sick are now fully recovered. They look good.. growing and active. One of them picked up very quickly, and the other was on a force feed diet for a couple of weeks. She wanted to live. In fact, she shed the day before yesterday.

I will post some updated pictures of the group later today. :D

Heika

Ok, so it took me a bit longer than I planned, but I have a few updated pics on the veiled crew.

Not sure if you guys remember this sad little female...

100_0947.jpg

Here she is now. She could still stand to gain a little weight, but much improved.

bluefemale.jpg

This little chameleon was pretty sick...

100_0948.jpg

Here she is today, feeling quite a bit better. She is still the smallest of the group, but is really active and looks healthy.

littlebluefemale.jpg

This is the little male that I was talking about that was getting thwapped in the head by a female. He is really shy for some reason...?!? Not a great pic, he wouldn't cooperate at all.

bluemaleagain.jpg

And, a few of the others that are growing and growing:

fatsunburstfemale.jpg

sunburstfemale.jpg

sunburstmale.jpg

Heika,

You have done an excellent job! They look fantastic after their rough beginnings in their new world.

The difference of the before and after photos are incredible. Again, great job Heika; they look happy, healthy, and strong.

Hands up to you!

Heika, those guys look great! The not-so-tiny-when-you-got-them guys are getting downright fat! The one male that got thwapped...his face isn't in focus, but his hindquarters and tail look beautiful! :p (Seriously, his colors look like they'll be incredible....)

Thanks for the nice comments! They seem to be doing very well, and it makes me smile to work with them. They are funny, active little animals.

Heika, those guys look great! The not-so-tiny-when-you-got-them guys are getting downright fat! The one male that got thwapped...his face isn't in focus, but his hindquarters and tail look beautiful! :p (Seriously, his colors look like they'll be incredible....)

Shh, not fat.. robust! Yeah, the thwapped male.. I missed the only shot I could get of the little guy, and somehow focused on his butt. Short of chasing the little fellow down (he really stresses) I couldn't get another one. His colors are that way because he is stressed out by the camera.. but he is looking like he will be colorful as an adult. Got a loooongg way to go before that happens, though!

Heika

Back
Top Bottom