Time for Supers?

Here's an update on Mobi. I need to know, is he big enough for large Superworms? (The ones from PetSmart or PetCo)

Attachments

• WIN_20210112_16_28_27_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210112_16_28_27_Pro.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 65
  • WIN_20210112_16_28_35_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210112_16_28_35_Pro.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 60
  • WIN_20210112_16_36_31_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20210112_16_36_31_Pro.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 64
Hi. :) Super worms aside, I think it’s time for an enclosure upgrade. That one not only looks that your chameleon has well outgrown it, but there’s not enough branches and vines for it to travel on. All of that empty space is essentially wasted. I know it’s quite a challenge to attach things to glass, but with some creativity and searching the enclosure threads, you’re sure to find some good ideas. Some live plants are needed too.
Please...not being critical...just trying to offer some helpful advice to make your chameleon happier.

minimum size cage you should get a 2x2x4 cage, their pretty expensive new but you can buy them used off facebook marketplace or craigslist, or build your own

Yep. I know that already, but we don't have the funds for it. Father is working as much as he can so he can care for us and the pets. We WILL get an enclosure upgrade sooner or later, though. What about the Supers? Is he big enough?

You can store them longer AND feed as flies as well. Much better than superworms and imo i would stay away from petco/box stores in gerneral i dont trust their source and beleive they don't care for their feeders. Online is usually cheaper and certainly better quality. Look at the site sponsors🍻!

Why is everyone saying to stay away from supers? They’re ok if given as occasional treats. @MobiTheVeildCham here’s the feeder sheet. Many of the feeders you won’t find locally and will have to order on line. Roaches are a great staple feeder and are super easy to breed your own.
View attachment 288712
Well I never said to stay away from them, they are just addictive, fatty, and not very nutritious. I still offer my cham superworms but it is on rare occasions and i add pollen,seeds and insectfuel to my superworms oats🤙

Superworms are fine to feed! The key is moderation... Your not going to fill a bowl with them and feed them off. Your going to use 1 or 2 per feeding based on the total amount of feeders given... So they are not a cricket that you can do a dozen at a time or even a half dozen. But there is nothing wrong with doing 1 or 2 a day and when it is time to drop back to 3 feeders every other day you can still do 1.

For the OP I can not tell the size of your cham... But I do buy the larges for my 10 month old and he could eat them when he was 8 months old. So it is based on your cham and his size. But more then likely it will be ok. They are just longer then medium or small. Mediums would be a preferred size if you can get them.

Leave them in the container they come in and do not feed or water.

Back
Top Bottom