three day chameleons trying to save! help!!!

azula

ok so i was searching around on ksl and saw a guy selling baby chameleons. i decided to call and find out more about it. the man said he received over 30 veiled chameleon eggs from his friend who got sent to prison. he told me they were supposwd to hatch a few weeks ago and all in all he didnt sound like he knew what he was doing. i told him i would be interested in taking some of them and told him to call me if anytging changed. then three weeks later he calls and says there startin to hatch. i asked him what he was keeping them in and he said his old aqarium with some newspaper. he sent me a pictire of the little babies and for now they look healty. he also saod that a few people had already been there and bought the newborns. i want to rescue as many as i can before they die of unproper husbandry!. so the reason i need help is becaise its a three hour drive there and i was hoping someone knew the best and safest way to travel with these three day old babies!!! please help me so o can help them!

Take a mini generator in your car so you can use light fixtures. And buy crickets for the drive. Also bring ropes or something to strap your aquarium so the babies dont move around so much. What city is the guy in?

so bring a tank with me? what should i put in it? hes in logan utah. i have a cigarette loghter in thr back of my hatchback so i can plug lights in.

so bring a tank with me? what should i put in it? hes in logan utah. i have a cigarette loghter in thr back of my hatchback so i can plug lights in.

Bring good bedding and some good stuff to climb on. And if im not mistaking you should mist them a little

i wouldnt worrie about lights or crickets for a 3 hour drive. prob just a shoe box with a soft towel lining the inside and maybe just go in the evening and they can sleep in the dark shoebox for the ride home. just make sure they are hydrated and warm for the drive. JMO

You can buy heat packs to use...just don't put them under whatever containers you put the chameleons in and make sure that the containers don't get too hot. I usually use some towels to place between the heat packs and the deli cups (see below)....
http://www.nyworms.com/HeatPacks.htm

You can use a cardboard box to put the heat packs in and the containers that the babies will be in. You can use delicups with holes punched in the for air circulation and a scrunched up paper towel in it to put the babies in....I prefer taller ones than are shown in the pictures....
http://www.reptilekings.com/incubation.htm

You can buy heat packs to use...just don't put them under whatever containers you put the chameleons in and make sure that the containers don't get too hot. I usually use some towels to place between the heat packs and the deli cups (see below)....
http://www.nyworms.com/HeatPacks.htm

You can use a cardboard box to put the heat packs in and the containers that the babies will be in. You can use delicups with holes punched in the for air circulation and a scrunched up paper towel in it to put the babies in....I prefer taller ones than are shown in the pictures....
http://www.reptilekings.com/incubation.htm

Don't worry about food, worry about the warmth. If you put the tank or box behind ur passenger seat you should be fine too. It can't move much there plus u can put your floor vents on.

Being as the guy's friend went to prison it might be a good idea to not go solo? You dunno anything bout this person you're going to meet with. Or least call someone when your outta there being as you have a 6hr drive. Everyone needs to get home safety.

Don't worry about food, worry about the warmth. If you put the tank or box behind ur passenger seat you should be fine too. It can't move much there plus u can put your floor vents on.

Being as the guy's friend went to prison it might be a good idea to not go solo? You dunno anything bout this person you're going to meet with. Or least call someone when your outta there being as you have a 6hr drive. Everyone needs to get home safety.

This is really excellent advice. We want you home safe. Please.

Agreed. If you absolutely have to go alone, call a friend when you get there and leave that open for the transaction so your friend can listen in.

While you don't need to keep your friend on the call for the drive home, you should definitely call him/her when you get home and have him/her on alert to contact someone if you don't call.

i wouldnt worrie about lights or crickets for a 3 hour drive. prob just a shoe box with a soft towel lining the inside and maybe just go in the evening and they can sleep in the dark shoebox for the ride home. just make sure they are hydrated and warm for the drive. JMO

youl be fine you will just have some stressed out babies
:)

Back
Top Bottom