Thoughts on Repti Fogger??

lindseymeder16

Hey all!

I just recently purchased the repti-fogger. Do any of you guys use it? I had problems with humidity with my veiled and am hoping that the repti-fogger will help with that when I get my new cham. I was looking at cool mist humidifiers but they are so bulky.

Hey all!

I just recently purchased the repti-fogger. Do any of you guys use it? I had problems with humidity with my veiled and am hoping that the repti-fogger will help with that when I get my new cham. I was looking at cool mist humidifiers but they are so bulky.

Ultrasonic type cool mist humidifiers use the same basic technology the Repti fogger does, and they tend to last longer with the frequent use we put them to. Also, humidifiers have enclosed water reservoirs and hold a lot more. Yes, the cool mist humidifiers are bulky, but you wouldn't put on inside the cham's cage anyway. The moisture will eventually damage it. But, you CAN put the humidifier right next to the cage screen...preferably above the cage so the mist pours down into the foliage, or as many of us do, create a pipe or flexible tube connection that runs from the spout of the humidifier into the cage. I'm sure there are lots of pictures of other keeper setups showing this type of arrangement. It depends on the model humidifier you are trying to use, so pick one with that in mind.

I bought a repti fogger, and honestly I think it was a total waste of money. You need to refill the container or whatever you're using to hold the water constantly and it barely made a difference in humidity levels. Also my Cham was kinda afraid of it. After a week Or 2 I sold it. I'd get a cool mist humidifier instead.

I got one and it came broken, and for about an hour customer service had me switching wires around and unscrewing things until they agreed to send me a replacement, then the replacement didn't work and they sent me yet another one and it didn't help at all since water did not collect for my boy to drink and it did not raise humidity at all.

I got one and the fan burnt out within a month so I ordered a 10$ CPU fan that lasted me for years until the transducer disk failed and zoo med sent me out a new disk and its working perfect.
But totally recommend a mist king over this

Dang, well since I already bought it I guess I'll see how it goes. I'm sure I can find a use for it with future reptiles. But looks like I'll be investing in a humidifier later on down the road.

Thanks!

For a small cage they work fine. I got mine used and the fan broke in a month, I called the company # and they sent a new fan ; same thing with the transducer , it's been fine for a few months now.

Back
Top Bottom